Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Hi,has anyone been to the above c.c site as we are going there Saturday for a few days,and would like to know a little about site and park. Ta

Rich

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Never stayed there but have been.
the staff where very helpfull.
its a very peacfull place in the middle of the woods.
as for Clumber Park I love the place.
But I was brought up there from the age of two.
As we lived in the National Trust Park next to the church.
you need to enjoy nature & walking as thats all there is.
If I ever go back up to Sheffield to visit family we always stop off in Clumber

Mel

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Go there regularly.Great for walking.A nice walk around lake.I don't know how fit you are but expect to take at least an hour to go round. There is usually a mobile caravan where you can get a hot drink and some nice cakes. Plenty of walks in forest straight from the site.You can hire bikes as well.great for cycling.not too strenuous.A nice café/restaurant.A small shop where you can usually buy plants etc depending on season.If you take your own bikes there is a lock up to keep them in.Had a bit of a problem with bike thieves at one time.since the lock up it isn't a problem as far as I am aware.Theres a social club you can use if you fancy a drink.can't remember the name but if you ask @ reception they should be able to put you in the right direction.Hope this helps.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
we go about 3/4 times a year, its local to me, take everything with you as theres no shops near by,the site office stocks a few bits but not much, take walking boots/shoes its great for walks, if you go down to the visitor area take your reciept from the site or your toilet key then when you get to the visitor centre gate you dont need to pay. Dont bother with the fish n chips on friday there well over priced and not that good. if you take bikes lock them away at night. If you have a sat dish, download the site map to work out were you will you will get a signel theres lots of tree to block. if you use the van arial you WILL need a booster cable to connect to the bollard to get a signal, the shop sells them buy at a price, its a great site we were there last weekend.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
And I dare say the most important thing for some, there is no phone signal.
If your legs are up to it there is a lovely tea room in the old school at Carburton, on the crossroads.

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
You can hire bikes there too!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
The club have just finally installed fibre optic Wi-Fi so at least you have some form of communication. Great site with nice Wardens and surrounded by woodland.
Nightmare at bank holidays where most members invite the family around so most have large group of people.
Major issue with bike theft, ensure you use the secure alarmed lock up

have a nice time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back