Free Member
Apr 6, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 6
Exp
Hello Everyone!
I'm Lyndsey, we have just bought our first motor home - an Kentucky Camp Estro 6 (Ford) Up to now we are having a great time in it! We like to wild camp, mostly next to water, as my hubby and the kids love fishing!
Going into town for food, icecream, or general shopping is often a bit of a challenge! I had never noticed so many van barriers over the car parks before I drove the motor home:Eeek:
Hope we dont let the side down!
Lyndsey

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and welcome from France :france:
I've yet to try shopping etc.. in the UK so am hoping it won't be too much of a challenge!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum... it is not until you own a motor home you see things like height barriers and the size of parking bays.. you are lucky.. trying getting an RV in to a parking area, especially if you are towing a car trailer.

Wild camping is great, but you have to respect the area's you visit.. like where are you dumping your black waste? where are you getting your water from?

Many questions, many answers.

But welcome to this side of the moon.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.

p.s £10 subs... best investment you will make ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Lynz

Free Member
Apr 6, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 6
Exp
Hi All

Thanks for the welcome.:Smile:

Bob
We are very concious not to cause any damage when we camp wild. We never leave anything behind. Our bricks and mortar home is in the countryside so we are more than respectful of our environment.

We tend to camp wild then find a site then wild again. We really dont like capsites - everyone eyeing up each others kit, and comparing vehicles:Eeek: to me it's like a housing estate mentality, too set up and regimental. But hey, each to their own! It's not about paying subs, it's about being somewhere amazing.

Lyndsey:reel:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All

Thanks for the welcome.:Smile:

Bob
We are very concious not to cause any damage when we camp wild. We never leave anything behind. Our bricks and mortar home is in the countryside so we are more than respectful of our environment.

We tend to camp wild then find a site then wild again. We really dont like capsites - everyone eyeing up each others kit, and comparing vehicles:Eeek: to me it's like a housing estate mentality, too set up and regimental. But hey, each to their own! It's not about paying subs, it's about being somewhere amazing.

Lyndsey:reel:
i think you misunderstood Bobs comment re: subs.

Bob was refering to the Motorhomefun full membership fee.....£10pa....not campsite fee's :thumb:

without paying the subs you can only post 5 free posts then become a read only member.

and as Bob said...well worth £10 :thumb:

OP
OP
L

Lynz

Free Member
Apr 6, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 6
Exp