Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have a few things I'm working on right now that I think will benefit the site immensely

Overhaul the Events System
Rallies are a big part of our Fun and I'm not happy with the event system, it's let us down a few times now and it needs to be over-hauled or replaced. This should happen in the next three months or less (y)

A Best Answer System.
Plenty of threads are started as a direct question, very often the thread will veer in quite a few different directions, the odd (or old) joke (or two) will be thrown in, someone will get the wrong end of the stick and take it further away; and all long before we come up with the correct answer. (Which eventually, we always do.)

Now I wouldn't change this for anything, for me a joke thrown in a thread, or a thread being taken wildly off topic is one of the things that makes Fun fun. I know it upsets forum purists, who insist that threads should stay 'on topic' so we build a relevant and easily searched resource; but on-topic can often mean boring :) And I know we want it to be fun as well as informative.

That said, when you search for a topic you want to find a solution for, reading through those threads can be time consuming and there might be 50 jokes, giggles, tangents, innuendos to wade though before you get to the 'nugget' post which is the answer you've been looking for.

What we are looking at is a Best Answer System, whereby when a proper question is posed, all members including the thread starter can choose/vote what they think is the best answer in the thread. The best answer with the most votes will win and there will be a link to this best answer right beneath the question. So, we'll still have some fun, but keep the purists happy too.

Cheers....:cheers::cheers:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
What we are looking at is a Best Answer System, whereby when a proper question is posed, all members including the thread starter can choose/vote what they think is the best answer in the thread. The best answer with the most votes will win and there will be a link to this best answer right beneath the question. So, we'll still have some fun, but keep the purists happy too.

Cheers....:cheers::cheers:
Brilliant idea!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Joking apart sounds like a great plan Jim and as you say something that will benefit the forum so its got to be good.thanks for your sterling work mate.(y)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
This forum is getting ridiculous!:eek:
We don't even ask questions now and Jimbob gives us the answers.(y)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
I have a few things I'm working on right now that I think will benefit the site immensely

Overhaul the Events System
Rallies are a big part of our Fun and I'm not happy with the event system, it's let us down a few times now and it needs to be over-hauled or replaced. This should happen in the next three months or less (y)

Agree with the above, the rally booking system is quite good, showing the address with the map, I also like the "rsvp" but if a funster only rsvp's and add's no comment to attend you do lose track who has rsvp'd as they are not in date order, I have had several funsters query why they not on my list of attendee's, when they have only clicked in rsvp's.

It would be good if once they have rsvp's they automatically go into a list under the map/rsvp's list.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think this best answer thing is a good idea, but I think it has got limitations.

I just spent ages looking for a thread which celebrated an English Grand Slam win.

I just fancied a trip down memory lane.

It suddenly dawned on me that such things pre date the forum.

Is there no way of being warned of unavailability early on?

Something like a pop up that says " You must be bloody joking"

I am sure Grommet could sort it Jim.(y)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
it's could be your age, night sweats,mood swings, supporting England,it's good to look for help and funsters should stop taking the pissssssssssssssss help jim at this time. lol still lol ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back