Club not so cheap as they think (1 Viewer)

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Just phoned Caravan Club for a Larne to Cairnryan return and the price they quote is for a fare that can be amended for £20. Only thing is , the fare on the P&O site can be selected as a flexi ticket for an extra tenner on the return trip which is still cheaper than the CC quotation. their promise printed on their web site is:-
We guarantee to match or beat fares offered direct from ferry operators.
Total Bo****ks.
I know, I should hold them to their promise - but could not be bothered with the hassle as when I asked about the flexi ticket, they told me the only price they had was the one quoted.

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi Pappajohn, have just done so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have just looked at Ryanair to faro middle of January £35 return, got to be a bargain

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I complained, got "We are very sorry we will look into this".

That's it. As far as I know, 5 years on, they are still looking.
I got the same when they quoted MH insurance. £140 more than CaravanGuard - despite the "guarantee they can beat your renewal"
They are looking into my complaint as well - but as it's only last month and yours is 5 years ago, I don't hold out much hope.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
oh I dont know, we are paying 2 euro a night and 2 euro for electric in a council run Aire in Portugal, many more places you can stay for free, couldn't do that if we were to fly?
Mind you the ferry fare (Santander)makes it up, phew!!!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I do the Belfast cairnryan crossing regularly and find it just as cheap to book on line direct with stena..
the c&cc club have given me much the same price with perhaps the slight added advantage of having a flexi fare for the same price as I get the economy when booking online myself..
whatever you pay it always seems an expensive crossing :) and there is never usually much to choose between p&o and stena... have a loyalty type card with stena and usually get one free trip a year or so by using the points ive earned..
ta andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back