Closest Place to Portsmouth Harbour for Dog Walk (1 Viewer)

Jubbly

Free Member
Feb 13, 2018
Funster No
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend.

Finally coming over to the UK from Jersey on the ferry into Portsmouth Harbour which takes 11.5 hours (ugh)!
I will have my 2 dogs with me, who will have been suitably emptied before getting on the ferry, but I'd liked to get them out and walked (prefer off lead) as soon as possible on arrival at the harbour at about 06.30am, before then driving up north.
Could anyone advise of an area close to the harbour or up to a 15-20 minute drive away.
All ideas gratefully received.
Thanks
Steph

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I would think Port Solent would be a good place to go.
It’s less than 10 mins away large car parks with free parking and a large open area for the dogs to run around.
Also has shops if you fancy a walk around.
Come out of the ferry port and keep left onto the motorway, keep in the left lane and come off for the Cosham turn, at the lights turn left again and Port Solent is about a mile up the road on the left just past the large Tesco store.

Mattbee

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie swapping from caravan
From Portsmouth Harbour head out to roundabout and take 2nd exit (1st is M275) onto Twyford Ave. follow through 20 mph zone to roundabout and take 1st exit to Mountbatten Centre (leisure centre). Park there, no height barrier that I know of and I’ve had a hiab lorry in there, you can walk along sea wall heading North & there’s a grassy area behind the centre you can let the dogs off on. Then either retrace road back to Mway or head North to Cosham and get back on M27 there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend.

Finally coming over to the UK from Jersey on the ferry into Portsmouth Harbour which takes 11.5 hours (ugh)!
I will have my 2 dogs with me, who will have been suitably emptied before getting on the ferry, but I'd liked to get them out and walked (prefer off lead) as soon as possible on arrival at the harbour at about 06.30am, before then driving up north.
Could anyone advise of an area close to the harbour or up to a 15-20 minute drive away.
All ideas gratefully received.
Thanks
Steph
Just make sure you clear up their mess if they are off the lead! (Portsmouth resident )

OP
OP
J

Jubbly

Free Member
Feb 13, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Coastal Cruiser and Mattbee, much appreciated by me and the dogs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back