Close to retiring and looking (1 Viewer)

DaveC

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbee
Hi,
My wife and I are just getting ready to retire and looking to spend the kids inheritance on a nice motor home to tour UK and Europe.
I'd really like some advice the model of camper, I've looked at so many online. We're thinking of an A Class, we like our creature comforts and plan to spend 1 -3 months at a time touring. We also have grandchildren that we would take along so safety is the key.
I'm thinking Low mileage used as they will probably come with extras such as TV, GPS and rearview cameras etc. Budget is around 45k
So, Hymer or Swft, Autotrail or Bessacar.
Any sound advice welcomed.

Thx:thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Welcome Dave:thumb::thumb:
About to pick up my first motorhome and I can't recommend enough the wonderful and well written "The Motorhome Buyers Guide" available by clicking the link on the right of your screen.
It did me a great service and we found what we wanted at the right price.

(Is that OK Jim?)

All the nest

Drew

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We also have grandchildren that we would take along so safety is the key.

We thought that, bought one with loads of seat belts, then found grandchildren have their own lives. So we've a good van but not as comfy as one we would have bought had we not got the daft idea over grandchildren.

A class - Hymer.

Looking on line is poor, get your bums on seats, think what you are doing in there on long rainy days. Thnk of cooking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Dave :welcome: to motorhome fun :thumb:
I would say anything made in germany or france as they are better built for all year use, a good choice A Class, :Smile: and in your case one with enough seat belts and beds for the grandchildren. :thumb: Bob.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:Get to a show to narrow your choice.Then try everything -making up beds etc and lay in them,imagine getting up for loo in the night etc,FEET UP LOUNGING FOR RAINY DAYS :thumb:Layout is the key :thumb:Did I mention LAYOUT ::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We're thinking of an A Class,
I'm thinking Low mileage used as they will probably come with extras such as TV, GPS and rearview cameras etc. Budget is around 45k
So, Hymer or Swft, Autotrail or Bessacar.
Any sound advice welcomed.

Swift, Bessecar and Autotrail don't do an A class, Pilote, Rapido, Hobby do amongst others (inc Hyner)

Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back