Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I am looking for a small clock to go in the campervan. I would like to be able to see the time in the dark with a subtle light, not one that keeps you awake all night long!

Any suggestions?

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
that's a good idea until the daft puppy wakes me up and I need to know what time it is!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I remember hearing somewhere that one of the ways to help you go back to sleep is to HIDE your clock so you CAN'T see what time it is.
Actually I think I heard it on some radio show I had on because I couldn't sleep...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When you find one please let me know. I've been looking for ages both battery or 12volt. I want one that I can fasten to a vertical flat surface with a backlight at night. Don't want a massive one, two or three inches across would be fine.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
What about wearing a back-lit watch? Then you don't even have to turn over to see the time.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My wife had a similar problem so I bought her this.
The clock can be switched to be on all the time or only when you hit the top button, it seems perfect.
She wanted it wall mounted so I found a space in the battery carrier space to drill a small hole for a screw.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
The problem is the dog can wake up from 6.00am onwards and there is no way I am getting up at that time!.

Mobile phone works except you have to press the button to wake it up. The oh hates doing that. I don't mind. The watch is also good except she has to find my watch! It does not have a back light.

Will have a look at the suggested clocks tomorrow...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What about these @ £4.31:

Broken Link Removed

Choice of colours and apparently they have a sensor to turn the backlight on automatically, I assume this means its got some sort of motion detector so you can just wave your hand near it rather than have to fiddle about trying to press the button. They also have quite a big display which is important for those people who don't have perfect eyesight! Might have to treat myself to one ... but what colour .... white, green, blue, black or rosy ... the small sucker mounted LCD watch clock would be good for the cab too at only 99p!

?

Deleted User
I got a cool one from Orange when i topped up once. Little cube that glows for a minute when i hit the top. It would be changing colours when glowing but it was a soft glow what was quite nice. My watch has a light what goes off when i click let the button go and my Android only need a tap for display on and the power button for display off. Couple of options. Another option is look on ebay for travel clock as they tend to have luminous paint on the hands and digits.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Only problem with a 'standard' analogue type display clock with luminous hands is that they tick due them being mechanical which might not seem much but in the night when there's no other sound it can seem as if 'Big Ben' is in the camper with you!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Th
When you find one please let me know. I've been looking for ages both battery or 12volt. I want one that I can fasten to a vertical flat surface with a backlight at night. Don't want a massive one, two or three inches across would be fine.
This is is exactly what we want, as long as it doesn't tick and you don't have to press a button for it to light up.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Th
This is is exactly what we want, as long as it doesn't tick, but haven't been able to find one yet. Let us know if you do please.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
What about these @ £4.31:

Broken Link Removed

Choice of colours and apparently they have a sensor to turn the backlight on automatically, I assume this means its got some sort of motion detector so you can just wave your hand near it rather than have to fiddle about trying to press the button. They also have quite a big display which is important for those people who don't have perfect eyesight! Might have to treat myself to one ... but what colour .... white, green, blue, black or rosy ... the small sucker mounted LCD watch clock would be good for the cab too at only 99p!
When you choose a colour the price goes up to £4.31. While still cheap I think it's a scam and I don't like to be scammed!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Th

This is is exactly what we want, as long as it doesn't tick and you don't have to press a button for it to light up.
I spoke to a clock suppliers at a show and he said I would be heard pressed to find what I want so there might be a market for them?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I bought one of these last year - Broken Link Removed

The backlight was a bit bright so I bought a sample piece of smoked glass filter - the sort that sticks on to car windows - and cut that to fit the display. Two layers of that tone the display down nicely! As a bonus, the clock also displays battery voltage and, if you can be bothered to fit the external sensor, the external temperature.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When you choose a colour the price goes up to £4.31. While still cheap I think it's a scam and I don't like to be scammed!
The smaller sucker mounted one is only 99p ...its not as if you can't see the price when you select what you want so calling it a scam wrong!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The smaller sucker mounted one is only 99p ...its not as if you can't see the price when you select what you want so calling it a scam wrong!
When I clicked on black which is the colour I would want the price went up to £4.31 and if I want to call it a scam I will!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When I clicked on black which is the colour I would want the price went up to £4.31 and if I want to call it a scam I will!
Hmmm .. so you think I would POST a scam ... thanks for that! :cautious:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
This looks like a nice one, you have to press the button on top I think to get it to light up but it's one of the 'nicer' designs I think.

Broken Link Removed

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hmmm .. so you think I would POST a scam ... thanks for that! :cautious:
What are you getting so upset about? The site said they were 99p when I clicked on to it they went up to £4.31. Explain to me what that has got to do with anything you did. No don't bother I'm not interested.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What are you getting so upset about? The site said they were 99p when I clicked on to it they went up to £4.31. Explain to me what that has got to do with anything you did. No don't bother I'm not interested.
Ditto ... :confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back