Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
my insurance company is asking for the model of the alarm fitted to my 07 fiat rapido::bigsmile: know it is a cliiford because there is a sticker in the window.............if I new where to look for the box of tricks maybe a model number on it? any thoughts.(may even be OME?)
while on the subject of security it is also fitted with a tracker but £50 to transfer into my name and £150 a year subscription NO CHANCE 'spect I'll get some flack for that

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not sure about the Clifford alarms but the siren IS the box of tricks on many.

if you can remove the siren from its mounting bracket it may have a label on the back.

failing that it may be identifyable on their website using picttures of the siren and remote fob.
I identified mine this way

usually self powered in the event of engine battery disconnection and spent an hour once removing and dismantling one to disconnect the internal battery to silence the damned thing when it went faulty.
bloody thing just about deafened me....pardon !

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you have a claim some insurance companies will ask you for an installation certificate BEFORE they pay out ask first

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you have a claim some insurance companies will ask you for an installation certificate BEFORE they pay out ask first

good point....

an insurance approved alarm can only be fitted by an approved installer and they should issue a certificate.

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp

insurance company are asking now ............on taking policy out.........but I have no paperwork with the motorhome:cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
they will check it on their list of approved alarms to see if its a cat 1 system.

mine wasnt, but they still insured.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back