LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Right then - having settled back into the swing of being home, Cliff has spent two days on the garden, and I've listened to all the Archers episodes I missed (last week's omnibus and three episodes this week so not bad really) - I have now totted up the statistics of our Grand Tour. I've converted all the kunas and euros into sterling using the Google converter, so I don't know what the exchange rate is - but:

Nights away = 55
Miles covered = 3992
Diesel = £649.64
Site fees = £755.41
Tolls = £69.61

This doesn't include spending money, food and drink bought, and weight put on over the 55 days - but it's as much I can do, not being any sort of statistician or number cruncher!

We had a brilliant time, the van didn't miss a beat, removing the huge Hymer table, and using a collapsible one from Proper Job that stowed away in the wardrobe when not required, gave us much more space and made the 55 days much more comfortable.

The sun didn't shine as much as I would have liked, but the experiences we had and the people we met were what made the trip.

Hope you all enjoyed reading the thread as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Bring on September with @Mousy and @Mr Mousy, and Twin Lakes! :)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Lovely Ger, yes can't wait til September but I'm not going to wish the summer away.

We are off to France tomorrow, I will endeavour to do a blog but I fear it won't match the laughs and great photos you have so kindly provided here. Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Lovely Ger, yes can't wait til September but I'm not going to wish the summer away.

We are off to France tomorrow, I will endeavour to do a blog but I fear it won't match the laughs and great photos you have so kindly provided here. Many thanks.
Hope you have a lovely time - have you packed 'All the Aires' and the ACSI books? You know what happened last time..... ;)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hope you have a lovely time - have you packed 'All the Aires' and the ACSI books? You know what happened last time..... ;)

You couldn't make it up....Martins been away with work all week, arrives home just now to find me in the van putting the finishing touches to the packing. It's taken me 2 days but all the beds are made up, fridge full of food and beer, freezer full of his favourite ice cream, all his and mine clothes washed ironed and put away etc etc.

He opens a cupboard and says "what's all these books doing in here? We don't need them do we?" And STARTED REACHING INTO THE CUPBOARD :eek: I nearly died.

For those of you who don't know, Martin very helpfully removed loads of essential stuff last time whilst "helping" :rolleyes: inc all the maps, acsi and Aires books. Try finding somwhere to stay each night by texting @cliffandger and asking for help :eek: thank god for Funster bestys. :)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
You couldn't make it up....Martins been away with work all week, arrives home just now to find me in the van putting the finishing touches to the packing. It's taken me 2 days but all the beds are made up, fridge full of food and beer, freezer full of his favourite ice cream, all his and mine clothes washed ironed and put away etc etc.

He opens a cupboard and says "what's all these books doing in here? We don't need them do we?" And STARTED REACHING INTO THE CUPBOARD :eek: I nearly died.

For those of you who don't know, Martin very helpfully removed loads of essential stuff last time whilst "helping" :rolleyes: inc all the maps, acsi and Aires books. Try finding somwhere to stay each night by texting @cliffandger and asking for help :eek: thank god for Funster bestys. :)
ALL the beds made up? Thought it was just you 2 going?

Don't let him anywhere near anything to the rear of the steering wheel and gearstick!

I've PMd you with sites we stayed at a few years ago on the Brittany coast - feel free to ignore them and go your own way - apart from the site at Honfleur which is lovely. Hope it's still ACSI rates!

Gxx

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
@jumartoo @Anthea M - Judith and Anthea - thank you for those kind words - those who have met me know that my pen compensates for the slight (I wish :() hesitancy of my tongue........
I have had the pleasure of meeting you, if only briefly, and suspect that your tongue's hesitancy is probably a lot more slight than you perceive it to be.

Wyn

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you so much for a great travel through countries I've never been but you brought them alive!
Disappointed no xmas souvenir wasn't snuck into the van!!:rofl:!

Reactions: DBK

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Very worthy waste of a morning.
Thoroughly enjoyed it and helped enormously with some planning for this year

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Very worthy waste of a morning.
Thoroughly enjoyed it and helped enormously with some planning for this year
Glad your morning was wasted well! I like to read threads like this in the bleak mid winter ..... you should give our Ruby wedding anniversary trip to India a go...
Broken Link Removed (y)

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Amazing blog and so informative. I've noted the sites you said were good as we are off in a month or so to Croatia. Thanks for a great blog!!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Amazing blog and so informative. I've noted the sites you said were good as we are off in a month or so to Croatia. Thanks for a great blog!!

Thanks for reading it - make sure you make the most of Istria, before venturing down the coast. It really is gorgeous.

Bear in mind that we went in May and June. We got the impression on the sites we stayed at, that the weather isn't good before May - they were all doing refurb work while we were there, and when we asked why, we were told it was too dangerous to do any work on site before May because it's very windy.

Don't miss Froggy Land in Split and the skeleton Popes and religious relics in Vodjnhan! (y)

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Yes we going middle May to end Junishish!!! Thanks again really enjoyable. X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun