Clicking noise when hooked up to 240V (1 Viewer)

dogborne

Free Member
May 10, 2010
Funster No
Hello,

I have just bought my first Motorhome and know next to nothing about them. I've only just figured out how to turn the heater on! Seems you have to push and twist at the same time.

Its a Granduca 56 N on a Ducato Chassis.

Heres the next problem:

When I Plug in the 240V one of the Relays keeps clicking and the battery charge indicator light flashes (matching the clicking noise) when I turn a light on or something else the clicking gets faster. The battery does not seem to charge at all.

The fridge works on 240V though and if I pull out the Relay the clicking stops and the fridge continues to work.

The leisure battery charges when the engine is running as we have drained it a few times.

Any ideas on what this could be? I have swapped the relay with another one in the van that matches but the clicking continues. The battery charge indicator does not work and neither does the water tank level indicator. I have taken out the battery and given it a good charge in the house but the issue remains.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

OP
OP
D

dogborne

Free Member
May 10, 2010
Funster No
Like a petrol generator? if so then it does not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Yes a petrol generator, but as its not got one its not the same problem i had with mine which was a faulty switch over relay that prevented the generator running at the same time as when the vehicle was hooked up to the mains supply.:Sad:

Sorry I cant be any more help :Doh:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sounds like you have a loose wire in either your hook-up lead, or the charger.

Failing that it could be a charger relay gone, but not all models have these.

Check for loose wires on the lead, then check the control panel and see if a wire has vibrated loose - unhook everything first obviously!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back