Clear wood finishes that are safe for MH use? (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Hi all.

The electrical install is coming along okay. I've not done the solar yet, but the B2B is almost in (I had to up the size of cable, so need different lugs) and the 12v panel is wired up.

However I am noticing that I am marking some of my lovely pine tongue and groove cladding which, as of yet, remains untreated.

I bought some Danish Oil ages ago to treat it, but paid no attention to the VOC content. I knew about this already, so I've no idea why I didn't think about it when I bought it!

This video by Mel on YouTube explains the dangers of VOCs, for those that may not know.

With that in mind I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to treat the pine cladding with? I know a lot of people use low very low VOC paints, but I want to see the wood and not paint over it! Ideally something clear would be best, or perhaps something that will keep any darkening of the pine to a minimum.

Cheers!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think when we sanded our floors a few years ago there was an acrylic sealant that was water based might be a good bet.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Have a look here to see what fits best for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back