LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
i inadvertently let one end of my Polar Screen ( Insulated silver windscreen Cover) touch the ground when putting it on yesterday. The Velcro picked up loads of tiny bits of dry vegetation. It would not shake or brush off. However, rolling and dabbing blue tack on it lifted it all off successfully

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I guessed what the answer was gonna be before I opened this thread ... now ... seeing as you're an expert if removing bits from Velcro ... can you tell me the best way to get it out of microfibre towels ... I don't think that Bluetac would be cost effective!

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I guessed what the answer was gonna be before I opened this thread ... now ... seeing as you're an expert if removing bits from Velcro ... can you tell me the best way to get it out of microfibre towels ... I don't think that Bluetac would be cost effective!
Well that’s weird. While you were writing that, I was referencing you as an expert on another thread!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh no you don't, you're not getting off that easily :D ... I have given you a problem to solve ... so SOLVE IT properly!!! :LOL:

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Oh no you don't, you're not getting off that easily :D ... I have given you a problem to solve ... so SOLVE IT properly!!! :LOL:
Excuse me, but that answer followed hours of research and a cost benefit analysis..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Excuse me, but that answer followed hours of research and a cost benefit analysis..
... so what you're trying to say is you can cope with finding a solution for removing debris from a little itty-bitty piece of Velcro but from a massive micro-fibre towel it would take you weeks??? :D2

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
... so what you're trying to say is you can cope with finding a solution for removing debris from a little itty-bitty piece of Velcro but from a massive micro-fibre towel it would take you weeks??? :D2
Itty bitty!!. I’ll have you know woman that the Velcro in question was full height of the windscreen and a good 6 inches wide. Certainly big enough to use as a towel if it was made of microfibre.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Itty bitty!!. I’ll have you know woman that the Velcro in question was full height of the windscreen and a good 6 inches wide. Certainly big enough to use as a towel if it was made of microfibre.
Yeah, a likely story ... of course it was 6" wide and very long ... :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back