Cleaning the roof ( again ! ) (1 Viewer)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
This thread is making me feel ill!
It brings back memories of failed garage roofs, broken feet and a missed holiday.
Still troublesome after 17 months.

Sod the roof!
Dont look up.
If it bothers anyone else, let them clean it.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yep, I put Crystal GLO polish on the panels.. cant be buggered to do the whole roof ..
Mind you, just refitted my dish after getting it powder coated and the roof is as sticky as a sticky thing just 3 days on :Angry:
Darned trees drive me to distraction !

Bit worried about using traffic film remover as it is pretty harsh stuff.. Worried about the seler being affected !!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Bit worried about using traffic film remover as it is pretty harsh stuff.. Worried about the seler being affected !!
Like I posted earlier John, diluted, sprayed onto a wet surface, worked in by brush in small sections, and rinsed off immediately.
We are literally talking about seconds for each section. The dilution ratio due to the initial premix, plus the quick rinse, prevents damage occurring.

Regards,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Jock :thumb:

I have just been sent some new(ish) stuff called S DOC 100.. I shall be trying it tomorrow and will report back.

But I will proly get hold of traffic film remover as that I believe is proly a somewhat cheaper option.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
BTW John,

You know those plastic opaque roof light covers that tend to go a bit yellowish? Well, they really do come up a treat. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I aint got any of those things.. All mine ( apart from the big bay window sized, window to the stars ! ) are white translucent stuff...

Got a service coming in tomorrow morning but once I get clear of that I will nip over to Tescos and have a word with the lads who do the car wash there.. Might be able to scrounge some as they clean the rest of the van for me anyway :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back