Cleaning / polishing / waxing the Motorhome (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We have owned our MH from new 2014.

In all that time I have never polished or waxed it, instead it gets washed with the Fenwicks Motorhome cleaner and then rinsed with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler.

Always been happy with it like that. However, having a bit more time on my hands these days and thinking, "well it's 6 years old now wonder if I should polish and wax it?" I decided to look into it a bit.

So, I know there have been many threads on here regarding everyone's preferences of polish and wax, but I went a different route and rang up the manufacturers of the Fenwicks products. I explained that I needed to work on the sides and roof of the MH and knew the fibreglass bit required a different treatment.

I explained the situation and the guy on the phone recommended first cleaning the MH with the Fenwicks MH cleaner (as he would) then polishing it remove any road film and "environmental contamination". So I said "you mean T-cut?" "No," he said "what you want is a low solvent content polish" such as 3M or Ferrexra (spelling?). I mentioned that there is a fibreglass manufacturer near us where I will be buying the polish for the fibreglass parts of the MH and he said they might have a good polish for the other bits of the MH.

So having polished the MH I asked him should I then wax it ? His reply was that wax can trap muck and actually lead to greater streaking on the walls of MH after a little time, basically he indicated that he would not recommend wax at all.

Apparently Fenwicks do a product called "Fenwicks Protective Coating" which he described as a long lasting "Bobby Dazzler".

So that was the end of the conversation.

I looked up the Protective Coating and it appears to be a spray can which is aimed at the push-bike market, gets good reviews but it does not appear on any listings as being a MH product. I may get a can of it and try it on the MH wall behind the spare wheel carrier.

Any thoughts ?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
This is the products he was recommended.

Personally I will stick with what I do, as I’m very happy with the finish on my old van.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
There is a motorhome detailing sub Forum on motorhomefun have a good read

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012

In all that time I have never polished or waxed it, instead it gets washed with the Fenwicks Motorhome cleaner and then rinsed with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler.

Always been happy with it like that. However, having a bit more time on my hands these days and thinking, "well it's 6 years old now wonder if I should polish and wax it?" I decided to look into it a bit.

So, I know there have been many threads on here regarding everyone's preferences of polish and wax, but I went a different route and rang up the manufacturers of the Fenwicks products. I explained that I needed to work on the sides and roof of the MH and knew the fibreglass bit required a different treatment.

I explained the situation and the guy on the phone recommended first cleaning the MH with the Fenwicks MH cleaner (as he would) then polishing it remove any road film and "environmental contamination". So I said "you mean T-cut?" "No," he said "what you want is a low solvent content polish" such as 3M or Ferrexra (spelling?). I mentioned that there is a fibreglass manufacturer near us where I will be buying the polish for the fibreglass parts of the MH and he said they might have a good polish for the other bits of the MH.

So having polished the MH I asked him should I then wax it ? His reply was that wax can trap muck and actually lead to greater streaking on the walls of MH after a little time, basically he indicated that he would not recommend wax at all.

Apparently Fenwicks do a product called "Fenwicks Protective Coating" which he described as a long lasting "Bobby Dazzler".

I looked up the Protective Coating and it appears to be a spray can which is aimed at the push-bike market, gets good reviews but it does not appear on any listings as being a MH product. I may get a can of it and try it on the MH wall behind the spare wheel carrier.

Any thoughts ?

Autoglym Resin Polish. There is no alternative... 😍
John

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Not bad for 11 years old.
93847490-BCDD-443F-BC03-1A49028FC814.jpeg

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Any thoughts ?
I suspect he said this
Amazon product ASIN B01ATPAV4KI have used it for years its a very very mild cutting polish that you can even use on paint.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back