Cleaning Pelmets/ Pleated Blinds (1 Viewer)

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
The pelmets and pleated blinds in our 5th Wheel need a reet gud scrubbin':) but of course, they're pretty delicate so I'm toying with one of these............

Amazon product ASIN B01FUYZKVO
Thoughts please? Alternatives?

T.V.M Chaps:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think using a steam cleaner will be a good idea as the material isn't likely to survive the heat! :eek:

Reminds me of the thread where someone was seriously asking if it was okay to use a steam mop to clean his motorhome's exterior! :clap2:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Actiwash just melts the dirt away ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Richard and Ann , hi, have you used this product, how did you find it?
Life changing. It just melts dirt away, very powerful. We use it at work to clean filthy AC filters. I usually dilute it 5:1 with water and it's still much stronger than anything you can buy in a supermarket.

I use it to clean carpets with the Vax machine, car wheels, car tyres (you know when the side walls go brown) it dissolves flies on the front of the van and I take a small trigger spray bottle away with us to clean the cooker top and anything else really.
The 2 things I avoid.. Anything that has got cheap silver paint on (not cars) it tends to turn the silver, grey, and for smear free glass you're better off with a special glass cleaner.

Don't give any away to your sisters, they will text you how amazing it is then will pester your eyes out every few months for more. ?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Oh another great use is the kitchen tiles round the cooker. Spray it on and leave it 5 minutes, you'll see the dirt and fat spots become more visible as they start to melt. Then just wipe it off in one, if you use a white cloth it's amazing what it fetches off ??

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh another great use is the kitchen tiles round the cooker. Spray it on and leave it 5 minutes, you'll see the dirt and fat spots become more visible as they start to melt. Then just wipe it off in one, if you use a white cloth it's amazing what it fetches off ??
Remind me never to come round to your place for a meal ... I might get food poisoning if you need to use that stuff to clean it! :Eeek:

Joking obviously ... :giggle:

There's no way you'd invite me round for a meal anyway! ?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Have a look at 5ltr bottles of concentrated citrus cleaner @£5-7 per bottle.
You simply dilute it at different rates for different jobs into a trigger bottle. ( the greasier the job, the stronger the mix)I have used these for years, cleaned just about everything with it.
A 5Ltr bottle lasts years, smells lovely too, and is much better than any Mr Muscle product IMHO, and a hell-over lot cheaper .
Its not harmed or stained any surface I have used it on, I have two bottles in the van as sometimes clean around the skirts and bumpers with it after a long road trip,great on wheels and tyres also.
Les

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
@ Richard & Ann.

Many thanks for the recommendation guys.
Bought it and it's worked a treat.
Started on the ceiling panels using a hand held pump spray, then the pelmets and then the carpets using our Vax carpet shampooer.
Worked a treat on all areas and this seasons 8 months of hard living has been wiped clean away. Our rig has come up like new which considering she's now 9 years old, we're over the moon about.
Cheers! :)

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Errrrr, gotta be honest, I tend to be VERY suspicious of manufacturers claims and tend to use stronger solutions than they say tho' obviously I also use the common sense approach of a discreet test area first.
In the 1 litre pump spray I put about 50ml of cleaner and in the tank of the Vax cleaner, i started with 200ml but dropped it to 150ml due to excessive suds.
What ever, the results are good and the only thing left to do now is shut down our site, hitch up and start the looooooooong trip south to Spain for the winter.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Just cleaned our kitchen venetian blind today, clipped it to the washing line and sprayed with 50% Actiwash solution. Left it 5 mins while I filled the 5 litre pump spray with very hot water ? all the dusty grease just ran off, no rubbing required, you don't know how dirty things are until you see the crap it fetches off... It didn't look too bad honest ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back