Free Member
Jun 27, 2013
York
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt monocoque
Exp
since 2012
I use plain water, hose/brush - for washing (with Autoglym Insect remover spray for badly infested areas.

I polish metal with Autoglym Supper Resin and monocoque with Farecla wax and restorer. Have found that Autoglym shines fibreglass OK, but then leaves it very prone to black streaks after rain. Farecla does not do this anywhere near as much. Windows with Autoglym Fast Glass. :thumb:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I use plain water, hose/brush - for washing (with Autoglym Insect remover spray for badly infested areas.

I polish metal with Autoglym Supper Resin and monocoque with Farecla wax and restorer. Have found that Autoglym shines fibreglass OK, but then leaves it very prone to black streaks after rain. Farecla does not do this anywhere near as much. Windows with Autoglym Fast Glass. :thumb:
We're going to be in York at the end of July so can you do mine, please:thumb::Smile:

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Advice from an expert (not me)

The local car valet operation, which is really good, tell me that the best stuff to get rid of insects is TFR (traffic film remover) which they get from a motor factor.

I too think £20 is well spent in getting them to do it..

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
TFR great for the get em in & out quick cash in hand outfits, strips wax finish stains metal trim & corrodes alloy but gives you a clean looking vehicle in minutes, good if your trying to keep a fleet of HGV's clean :Doh:

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Didnae ken. :Sad:

Surprising they use it since they are a very scrupulous bunch and work to very high standards - transformative waxing a speciality. I shall enquire further.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Found these are brilliantat removing dead flies, black streaks and most other marks as wll as handy for hand wiping.

Link Removed

Beemer

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
Afternoon guys can any one tell me wats the best cleaning gear out there to get of dead flys and that and to polish the mh cheers

For flies & insects on windscreens, headlights etc, drape a wet tea towel over the area and leave for a few minutes. Wet it again while in situ and leave a further few minutes - flies etc will then wipe off easily.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I use Tescos stuff.. As in the Polish guys who work outside Tescos !!
£20 and its job done..
Like many folk I am self employed.. I charge my time out as x amount.. It takes me almost 2 hours to clean the van .. two hours I am not earning lolly.. So £20 is a bargain for me :winky:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I use Tescos stuff.. As in the Polish guys who work outside Tescos !!
£20 and its job done..
Like many folk I am self employed.. I charge my time out as x amount.. It takes me almost 2 hours to clean the van .. two hours I am not earning lolly.. So £20 is a bargain for me :winky:

Jaws, do they use the pressure washer on the van? I'm a bit concerned that my old van will leak even more after they've finished with it! She is in need of a wash, but her re-sealing is not complete yet - little by little we're getting there, but ...............

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
TFR great for the get em in & out quick cash in hand outfits, strips wax finish stains metal trim & corrodes alloy but gives you a clean looking vehicle in minutes, good if your trying to keep a fleet of HGV's clean :Doh:
Only if it is either not diluted as per instruction (some are 1:10, others 1:500) or it is allowed to dry/not properly rinsed off.

Best stuff is G101 for flies, don't allow it to dry - so best done in the evening in this weather. Flies will fall off. Can be found in cheap shops labelled as multi surface in a diluted form. Usually vivid green colour.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back