Cleaning interior seats with a Vax (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Has anyone cleaned their seats (we have a u-shaped lounge) with a Vax ?

Cloth seats and foam, wonder if anyone has any feedback from doing it themselves, as seats could do with a clean / freshen up.

Thanks in advance

Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
Did ours no problem, test on a small out of site area first and I use a dehumidifier to aid drying. You could just prop them up so air can circulate, chhose a warm day and open windows.

OP
OP
M
Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Thanks - intend to remove cushions and leave outside to dry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I did mine with my vax and they were like new(few years ago) i tend to overdose the shampoo lol

Daniel. M

Free Member
May 19, 2020
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090DF
Exp
Getting there 🤫
If I can give you some advice, prior to any wet clean, test the solution you are using on an inconspicuous area, then thoroughly vacuum your cushions to remove any loose dirt.

if you use a Vax, clean the cushions, then use clean water in the tank to rinse out the detergent out. Detergent by it's very nature attracts dirt, so you need to get it out of the cushion or they will soil much quicker. And using something like a Vax one wet pass to 2-3 dry passes

OP
OP
M
Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Thanks for
If I can give you some advice, prior to any wet clean, test the solution you are using on an inconspicuous area, then thoroughly vacuum your cushions to remove any loose dirt.

if you use a Vax, clean the cushions, then use clean water in the tank to rinse out the detergent out. Detergent by it's very nature attracts dirt, so you need to get it out of the cushion or they will soil much quicker. And using something like a Vax one wet pass to 2-3 dry passes
Cheers for the feedback / tips

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back