Cleaning interior habitation door (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
The skin of the door is grubby and needs a good clean. Any tips? The surface is embossed and cream coloured.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
The salt in washing up liquid is unfriendly to vehicle plastics especially if used repeatedly. Washing up liquid should not be used on vehicles it's far to aggressive !

It works fine for me but I agree it should not be used too often and I stress the word "dilute". I use about one or two drops in a quart of warm water.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
The name Autosmart or the product G101 may not be well known out of the trade and may not be financially viable as it's sold in 5ltr containers. A more readily available general purpose cleaner is Stardrops, I think Asda sell it

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cif or similar cream cleaner with a nail brush worked a treat on my door interior.

Way to aggressive to use on automotive interiors it really is.
Also contains bleach which can damage plastics.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
The name Autosmart or the product G101 may not be well known out of the trade and may not be financially viable as it's sold in 5ltr containers. A more readily available general purpose cleaner is Stardrops, I think Asda sell it

Agreed. Tesco do an APC as well called Daisy. But none of them seem anywhere near as good as G101.

5 litres delivered here. This will last ages and has so many uses. Hence the name G 101 General purpose cleaner 101 uses. A go to default product for me.

Link.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Agreed. Tesco do an APC as well called Daisy. But none of them seem anywhere near as good as G101.

5 litres delivered here. This will last ages and has so many uses. Hence the name G 101 General purpose cleaner 101 uses. A go to default product for me.

Link.
With free P&P that's a very good price too, have to agree about how good it is I use it often

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You can buy it by the litre at Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B06XDH65Y8

You can on EBay too Jim but it works out at over twice the price.

Owners of motor homes really will use this product on a variety of tasks and in the home as well. So it's worth buying the 5 litres.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back