Cleaning Hymer Upholstery .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
After a four week trip to south of France the van interior was looking a bit grubby.. particularly the upholstery .. dust and sand gets everywhere.. and into everything..

Biggest job is cleaning the upholstery. Previously we had cleaned them with the Vax, but this time I decided to remove the covers and wash properly.. ( except the captains chairs) .

Must admit I was a bit apprehensive...what if they shrunk.. or the colours ran.. ! Examining them were no 'care labels' but they look and feel like a synthetic material.. so unlikely to shrink or colours run..

Nothing ventured.. nothing gained..

First a steep in cold water with bio washing liquid for about an hour. When we removed, the water was filthy... then into the washing machine on a synthetic program at 30c. with bio washing liquid.

They came out looking bright a clean.. and almost dry.. After drying fully, we replaced and they now look like new... really pleased with the results..

NB>>> This may not be possible or advisable with ALL makes of vans upholstery.. this was a 2001 Hymer..

Will post a photo later

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I didn't remove the head-rest cover.. and as you can see it looks dirty compared to the rest of the upholstery..

IMG_0980.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 25, 2015
east devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer b674
Exp
since 2013
when we bought our 2004 B674 the upholstery was quite grubby and dusty. I tried to hoover and steam clean but wasnt that pleased with the results. Put the covers in the washing machine on delicate setting and they came out smelling fresh and spotless. However there were signs of fading at the top edges of the sear cushions and now that they are cleaner it looks slighly worse. All zips and fastners are fine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back