Cleaning fresh water tank? 10yrs old (1 Viewer)

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Hi recentley bought a Tranny auto-sleeper Its ten years old and stood for most of its life I was thinking of taking the underslung tank off to give it a good clean out what do you think?
Kev

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Kev personally I would just fill it up ,pour a little bleach into it let it stand for a couple of hours,then flush it through a couple of times :thumb: Unless you like the idea of crawling under and taking the tank off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi recentley bought a Tranny auto-sleeper Its ten years old and stood for most of its life I was thinking of taking the underslung tank off to give it a good clean out what do you think?
Kev

I wouldnt bother, making work and you might cause problems, theres a product called 'Pipe Flush Cleaner, costs £8-80

Peter

-------------------------------------

Pipe-Flush -has been developed after requests from caravanners for a product which would remove Limescale from water systems, and also for a product to clean and sterilise Water systems.
Limescale is found in the system when hard water has been used and it is noticeable as white bits floating about in water containers. Limescale can block filters, clog pipes and cause damage to water heaters.
Pipe-Flush will remove and dissolve Limescale from your water system, whilst cleaning and sterilising, leaving pure fresh pipes, tanks and systems.
It is concentrated, biodegradable, completely safe, doesn't taint and doesn't stain.
1 Litre Another unique product from FSD!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You still need the pipework cleaning so as Terry says fill up with mild bleach solution let stand the flush through the taps,hot and cold
if you dont fancy bleach there is a multitude of sterilising solutions out there, home brew kits, Milton's, all basically bleach though:thumb:

OP
OP
K

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks guys, don't fancy crawling around underneath just want to do the right thing. Bleach it is.
Thanks again Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back