Cleaning an E-Z lift pleated blind (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Manufacturers instructions say to dust or vacuum .. do not wash..

well, after ten years no amount of dusting or vacuuming would clean ours.. :Eeek: we both smoke and quite frankly ours looked yellow.. going on brown :Blush:

Taking the bull by the horns I decided it was time to get them clean, so, one day while shampooing the carpet with the Kracher carpet cleaner I attacked one of the blinds with the upholstery tool.. show down time.. :Cool:

wow.. the dirt that came off was incredible, soon the blind was white again.. advice from others suggested that the pleating would collapse but this didn't happen, they dried out beautifully .. well pleased.. :thumb:

For info, the cleaning agent was Rug Doctor..

Last edited:

KenandSue

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
West London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Less than 1
I did a search regarding cleaning blinds, and came up with your post ScotJimland - what sort of blinds were yours? We have the pleated sort that look a cross between fabric and paper! The bathroom one in particular really needs a clean, it looks like it has been toothpaste spattered overs the years before we had it.

Any help from anyone who has tackled dirty blinds would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Ken and Sue

Ours were E-Z Lift .. that is the make.. pretty common in RVs , the material does look a bit like a cross between paper and fabric..

I would try a small area of the bathroom blind with a mild solution of carpet/upholstery cleaner first .. then take it from there.. as I said ours cleaned up great using Rug Doctor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back