Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Cleaned the roof today thanks to some cleaning stuff supplied by Lindy C and it has come up great ::bigsmile:. Just got to paint it tomorrow with the rubber paint and job well done. Not before time I hear you say Lindy C :Doh:

Then on with the other jobs.

Awning cloth replacement, have the down load info on how to do it ( A+ E ) anyone done it ? Any tips

Regards

Lampie

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Well done Lampie.....I'm proud of you :roflmto:

Re the awning.....we've done it and personally I'd recommend another couple of pairs of hands as, with just JC and me, the air was blue :Doh:

These instructions are invaluable......wish we'd had them at the time :RollEyes:

Link Removed

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
with this..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Photo-0018.jpg
    Photo-0018.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Photo-0019.jpg
    Photo-0019.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Lampie

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Lugnut, how easy was that - big brush etc. I did it by hand with one of those foam scrub things you use in the sink for pots. May be next year I could get away with that now that it is spot less.

Linda thanks have that info you gave it me in your yard. :winky:

I still just wonder what happens when you stick the pins in to stop it un winding, then take off the roof bracket to let the cloth out, plus drilled out the rivets on the end cap to turn it to allow the cloth to slide out, I can just see it going ping :Doh: and lots of spinning roller and mess. But maybe it works :Blush:

it's nearly as bad as watching my first born arrive, mind you that took 28 Hrs . :Sad: sould I be worried will it take that long and that much pain :whatthe:

Come on lads anyone else changed a awning on a A+E

Lampie

F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
I didn't actually change the material, but a major gust of wind ripped it out of the channel (RV side) and I had to re-thread it.

The spring had sprung!!! so I just disconnected the stays, laid it on the floor, rewound the material (without tensioning it), leant the entire assembly against the side of the coach (padding the exposed ally bits) bungied it upright and threaded it back into the channel a foot or so at a time before running back down the step ladder to move all the bits sideways a foot or so. It took me about 20 minutes to do it but I did manage it on my own.

All I had to do then was re-tension the spring (thanks for the advice on how to do it Kieth and Linda!!).

Fiddly, but do-able.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back