Claude Monet Garden at Giverny (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi all

Heading off to France next week and we would like to visit Monet's garden at Giverny. Has anyone any recent experience of visiting here? There does not appear to be any aires nearby and I'm wondering what parking might be like.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers Dave and Ginny

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I'll watch this with interest. We plan to visit on our way home next week but I haven't looked anything up yet.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I have found some old postings from 2009 in something called outandaboutlive.co.uk that say that there is a small car park for motorhomes, and that you can stay overnight and then visit early morning before the rush. I was going to take a chance on that info but thought it was worth asking in case any funsters had recently visited.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That was probably a posting I made , don't know now but you used to be able to park at the back of the house and gardens and stay overnight no problems, others may have more up to date information. If you are planning on doing this I would go in the evening when the car park is quiet then camp up for the evening and get in before all the coaches and day visitors arrive.

There is a very large car park on the opposite side of the road but they did not want motorhomes, the one on the same side as the gardens has a very sharp turn into it.

If any one has any more recent information I would be interested ad well.

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
we stayed at the municipal site at Dangu. There are other campsites around but we like that one. You can check opening dates on the municiple campsite page

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back