Classic Motorhomes and Campervans .. Do you own one ? (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Previous Vans –LMC Liberty 566 (1993 Fiat 2.5D
15.jpg

3.jpg

Ford Travelhome 2.5D (1989)

2.jpg
1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm in!

I might be able to get a good venue for it too, have to be at the top of a hill so that we can bump start the old crocks (c:
The vans might take some starting if the weather is damp as well.
I'm up for it needs someone to organise where and when ...I'll bring the beer n pasties without carrots :)
Philistine :LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The rally for oldies, errrrrrr, vehicles not you old lot, sounds good. Mo our MoHo is only twelve but I could bring our Eunos Roadster, he's twenty three?

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
The rally for oldies, errrrrrr, vehicles not you old lot, sounds good. Mo our MoHo is only twelve but I could bring our Eunos Roadster, he's twenty three?

I had to Google "Eunos" - cracking car; an instant classic when the first one came out of the factory imho.

If a "classic" rally were to go ahead (and it sounds like a great idea to me) I would think that it would have to be somewhere big enough to accomodate all-comers but with the classics kept together so that the diesel smuts don't soil the shiny white of the newer vans (c;

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The Newbury meet or Stratford could be good with the funsters if a separate venue isn't possible ...thinking caps on anyone ?:)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
What a FAB thread this is! Thanks posters.

I love TV shows like "Wheeler Dealers" a bit cheesy, but what a mechanic that bloke is! Be great to see them restore a wreck of an MH.
I hate to burst your bubble but Ed has a team of mechanics stood out of shot. He is the face not the mechanic. Have you noticed that when he takes things apart how they always just fall apart in his hands ? He rarely struggles with seized bolts and things like that unless they are staged ! Old cars just aren't like that. Niether are "classic" Motor homes ;)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

more to the point, when do the insurance companies class them as classic. I have old cars on classic insurance where they reckon 20yrs old and over, for as little as £69 yr and I had a 6 ton fire engine for £59 per year [3yrs ago], but nither of the firms I deal with for classic insurance can accommodate a classic motorhome on these type policies, so I pay 5 times that for our 26yr old gulfstream. Just wondered if others had managed to find classic insurance for theirs.

Previously vans insured with Towergate Classic policy via 2gether insurance sent photo's and copy of Classic Camper Club membership then got an agreed valuation certificate With Towergate .never had to claim on it though.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I hate to burst your bubble but Ed has a team of mechanics stood out of shot. He is the face not the mechanic. Have you noticed that when he takes things apart how they always just fall apart in his hands ? He rarely struggles with seized bolts and things like that unless they are staged ! Old cars just aren't like that. Niether are "classic" Motor homes ;)

I thought " Paul" did it all.:LOL:

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Actually, if we're posting pictures of our old vans too, I have just come across a picture of my old syncro which is deffo a classic (if more dayvan than MoHo)

Camping1.jpg

And my Mitsubishi L300 (delicar) which was definitely a MoHo, was also four wheel drive, and quite possibly related to the Tardis in terms of being bigger on the inside than the out, but also because it was a time machine - you were a lot older when you arrived at your destination (c: Loved it though, and it fitted ANY parking space. This was our first trip to France taking advantage of the extra bank holidays for the queen's jubilee and Kate/Wills' wedding

mitsu.jpg

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp

more to the point, when do the insurance companies class them as classic. I have old cars on classic insurance where they reckon 20yrs old and over, for as little as £69 yr and I had a 6 ton fire engine for £59 per year [3yrs ago], but nither of the firms I deal with for classic insurance can accommodate a classic motorhome on these type policies, so I pay 5 times that for our 26yr old gulfstream. Just wondered if others had managed to find classic insurance for theirs.
I paid £580 through Adrian Flux for a 20 year old Fleetwood Jamboree

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cracking thread, our van is old rather than classic but there are some crackers on here.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Now that's a nice idea. Something like an "old car" rally I bet there would be a few on here that would come along.
old certainly -dunno about the classic bit.
1985 Mercedes Hymer s550 .3.0L automatic,250000kms!!
Usually parked about the Algarve this time of year.

Attachments

• IMG-20140108-00053_NEW.jpg
    IMG-20140108-00053_NEW.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back