• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd Clacton on Sea - Essex coast. (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi, I am just putting out feelers to see if anyone might be interested in house sitting near Clacton? we have a large hard standing parking area, adjacent to our front lawn, enclosed by brick wall, driveway gate etc. well back from the road. we also have another lawn with kids slide, swing etc.

we have our own motorhome plus we tend to spend quite a bit of time at our static in France throughout the year - around 4 months at least in 6/7 week stints, including late July until mid September.

as we have never done this before, what would we need to provide? I can sort out waste disposal inc wc waste and freshwater etc. I could even sort out electricity at a push for someone who didn't abuse it (we have solar panels so daytime electricity in the summer tends not to cost us anything!)

in exchange, we would be looking to have the front lawns cut and just keeping the front outside of the house not looking as though its been deserted LOL.

pets are not an issue so long as you clear up, we have our own large dog so the lawns (more like grassed areas than manicured lawn) are used to being used as a playground lol. the front garden is enclosed so your dog(s) could wander around unleashed, as ours does.

its a very rural area, we are surrounded by fields and about ten minutes from the beach, 5 mins from major supermarket . getting in and out from the property isn't an issue for us, we have a 6.5m van and can three (or more .) point turn in the parking area at the front of the house, though the drive itself is only about 3m wide, the parking area is prob 5-6m wide

if anyone wants to discuss further, drop me a pm and we can discuss, as I said earlier, we haven't done this before, but it might be a viable option??

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Hi, are you looking for someone to live in their Moho on your driveway, or to live in your house whilst you are away? I think you mean the former, but maybe mistaken. Would you expect the sitter to move away during the times you return or is there sufficient space for your Moho and theirs? Maybe an alternative for you would be to book in several different Funsters for a “free” weekend at Clacton whilst you are away (and they would cut the grass etc whilst they were there). I think it is a great idea. I think you May be luckier getting Funsters to stay for a weekend/week/fortnight in Clacton rather than the whole period, but it would take a bit more organising. I think most would be happy if you provided facilities for water, grey and black waste, electricity ( most would not abuse it) and a dustbin ( presumably local council would empty as usual). Is your driveway big enough to park a toad too?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
thanks for the response -

1 looking for someone to park and use their motorhome
2 more than enough room for our motorhome and a guest - we don't use ours all the time we go away, but we have a specific parking area for ours that wouldn't restrict others
3 really looking for someone to be here while we are not here, though a one night overlap wouldn't be a major issue I suppose and might help especially the night before we leave so we can explain things.
4 length of stay isn't an issue, 1 night or 10 nights lol though shorter stays would involve a bit more planning and if someone decided to stay longer it might impact others, so not sure how I would resolve that.
5 forgot to mention dustbin !! yes, its collected but only fortnightly - so we wouldn't want it to accumulate. we are in a rural area so rubbish left out attracts wildlife and vermin!
6 toad? if you mean a towed car, then yes, we had 18 vehicles parked on the drive and parking area when we had a family weekend camp on the front gardens !!
7 grass cuttings can be emptied onto a specific area (electric battery lawnmower and petrol with electric start lawnmower - we also have a ride on but that needs sorting out so unlikely to be available)

we are within a 15/20 min walk of a train station, with trains into London, so plenty to visit and do and for those who don't know the area, we are about 15 miles from constable country, 15 miles from Colchester (zoo, castle, roman sites) and 15 miles from Harwich ferry terminal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
We have just had a successful (for us and hopefully for our house sitter, the same) three weeks or so 'house sitter' !

it certainly gave us peace of mind while we were away - so a big thanks to ….. (you know who you are and I don't know whether you would like your name to be made public, so I wont !!)

Hopefully you will be available through the summer …..?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
If anyone is looking to spend a few weeks in August in exchange for grass cutting ... our last house sitter cant do this August, so its up for grabs up until early/mid september. Please read previous posts for details of location etc.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
20190703_152226.jpg
20190703_152143.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Looks an amazing chill out really. The dates sadly are no use to me and I would need to know I could start the lawn mower. . Love cutting lawns .. very therapeutic. What a lovely working holiday if you could call it working. I am envious of whoever is lucky enough to get the 'job'.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Anyone looking to enjoy the Essex coast from now until mid September ... give me a shout ??

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
anyone looking to spend Mid March to Mid April in the Clacton area? plenty of things to do in the area including cutting my lawns LOL

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Dates are going to be around the 18th March until Easter Sunday if anyone is interested?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
just putting out the feelers for July/August 2023 ......

Please read previous information, nothing has really changed other than we pay someone to cut the lawns now!

if youre travelling through the area at anytime and need water or toilet dump, I'm sure we could help so long as it doesnt get abused !!

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
just putting out the feelers for July/August 2023 ......

Please read previous information, nothing has really changed other than we pay someone to cut the lawns now!

if youre travelling through the area at anytime and need water or toilet dump, I'm sure we could help so long as it doesnt get abused !!
Hi MisterB, seen your post re house sitter. Do you have any firm dates please. We may be available for a couple of months. Full timers ourselves and are generally away for this period, but are able to make changes. We're a mature couple with an old English Setter. Generally fully self sufficient, any further info we'd be happy to supply. Currently in Southern Italy and due back to UK early April

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back