Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good afternoon

Off to this part of the world shortly, is the B869 Ok for a 7mt motorhome? a sign near Lochinver says no caravans or coaches, (appreciate both are quite long), also looking to continue past Drumbeg and back on the main road near Kylesku.

I'm used to narrow roads, been to Ardnamurchen and Kintyre Lighthouses, and the back road on Mull, all of which were hell of a driving experience, tarmac just wide enough on these roads and grass growing in the middle.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Good scenic road , what I can remember it's near lochinver that there are some very narrow old bridges with 4ft? high side walls and bends into them , a long road and takes concentration 7 metres? Plus there is a fish factory near lochinver on that road and trucks use it from lochinver end ?

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Good scenic road , what I can remember it's near lochinver that there are some very narrow old bridges with 4ft? high side walls and bends into them , a long road and takes concentration 7 metres? Plus there is a fish factory near lochinver on that road and trucks use it from lochinver end ?
My apologies, just checked on google maps the road I was talking about was the B road SOUTH of lochinver?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Tezza the coastal route south of Lochinver is ok but some folk coming towards you will have a hired motorhome and little clue of driving it and use of passing places. Include the possibility of the fish farm lorry being followed by a group of the above and it will be you reversing back to a passing place round a bend. I would not do it myself these days. Not worth the risk!
Cheers
Bernie

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I went to Clatchtol last year and the road is winding single track with passing places and I had no problem at 6 metre.
I doubt you will have a problem at 7 metre, just take it easy, look ahead into the distance for oncoming traffic and be prepared to pull into passing places.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Don it a few times in our 6.4m Hymer. Don't forget to call in at Crafts on the Croft just outside Drumbeg.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
My apologies, just checked on google maps the road I was talking about was the B road SOUTH of lochinver?
Folks seem confused! The coast road south of Lochinver does not go near Clachtoll or Drumbeg. They are both north of Lochinver.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Folks seem confused! The coast road south of Lochinver does not go near Clachtoll or Drumbeg. They are both north of Lochinver.

Correct, as you approach Lochinver, take the right turn by the council yard, just as you go into Lochinver.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I just assumed you were referring to the road that leads to the beach and campsite without looking up the road number :whistle:

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
No worry peeps, all info, correct or incorrect gratefully received, at least we were all in the same region and I now know not to take the other road, happy days.

Go to the pie shop, turn around and head back out of Lochinver and turn left at my junction past the council depot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back