Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can stay overnight in the car park at this pub? we're going to Harris next June and this would be a great place to break the journey.

Thanks in advance Glenn.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I’m sorry if I appear a bit dull,or maybe rude,as I certainly don’t intend to be so,but wouldn’t the best way to find out be to ring them or email? You would then get the answer from the horses mouth.:)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Try Facebook group Scottish Motorhome Wildcampers ... generally a friendly lot and someone there is sure to know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
In fact just checked and apparently no longer accept overnighters. Suggestions are Signal Rock Carpark off A82.

Apr 7, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e line
Exp
There is a small campsite a few hundred metres up the road, called The Red Squirrel, we didn't stop there only walked through it but looked very nice.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There is a small campsite a few hundred metres up the road, called The Red Squirrel, we didn't stop there only walked through it but looked very nice.
Midges......lots of them, lots of large parking places in the Glen itself....the views are stunning....if the clag isn't down...Clachaig Inn used to be full of smelly climbers and walkers, drying their wet boots, coats and other bits and pieces, I used to be one of those.....full of atmosphere, I hope you get to enjoy the experience...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
Used the red squirrel when I was a tent camper, and it was a wonderful site for tents. I seem to remember that it was aimed at tent camping, without electric, caravans and motorhomes were tolerated. That was a few years ago though, I will need to go back with our motorhome, just for old times sake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back