CL Site charging extra for car (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Now, of course, Those nice Welsh boyo`s?.:whistle: They never give trouble:whistle::D2. And Paddy`s Mob?, pure Gentlemen, of course.:whistle::rolleyes:. And not forgetting those nice laddies from north of Gretna?. Very tasty in the plaid?:whistle::D2. And as SWMBO, has been heard to remark "Those Thighs".:giggle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just curious..... How do you not use as much electric?

Everything uses the same when it's turned on regardless of number of occupants.
no tv, no overnight CPAP, no electric kettle. don't have the place lit up like blackpool illuminations. Don't have 5 bits of electric gizmos needing charged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
It appears Eddie would have a set price for the caravan but charge a surcharge for the car. ;)

It appears that's what's happening at this CL with motorhomes.
Wonder if they charge extra if you're towing a trailer.

I site I looked at wanted to charge extra for a scooter , it was in the MH garage !!!!! , I speak with the pound in my pocket & just didn’t go there ✌️

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi Eddie
The point that I was really making is that when someone arrives on a site it is what you actually have to pay that matters. If you think that it is too much, leave! It is a simple as that. It isn't always the case that all inclusive is the cheapest.

Sites may have had problems in the past so deliberately discriminate.

I understand those that say, "It's my pitch, so my rules!" But as a campsite owner I'd happily lose £18 than be dictated to!

It isn't like the pitch goes off or has a sell by date. We have a clear pricing structure and our prices and rules are readily available.

Another way of looking at this, if you pay say £18 for a 100Sqm a 10m x 10m pitch and you think that what ever you do with that pitch is your business and shouldn't be any business of the people that actually run or own the site consider this. If the rules don't apply to you, they can't apply to anyone else.

So how many peoples weekend would be ruined if two pitches were booked side my side and 12 blokes turned up and pitched a couple of big tents, broke out the music and partied all night and day?

What do the wardens say when there is a load of complaints that at 3am the lads had a bonfire, were running around peoples vans and caravans, had their music cranked right up singing their heads off, before having a massive screaming argument at 4am when a fight drew their night to a close? It's their pitch?

At Cornish Farm we have as few rules as possible, if you bring a car, on an A Frame and you can fit it on your pitch, there is no charge. Electric and WiFi is included. At the moment the standard charge for that is £18 a night for your pitch for two people. If you wish to wind out an awning, its free, if you wish to erect a conventional awning we will charge you £2.50

We won't allow sign written vans on site, groups of same sex people, we won't allow rallies where the ralliers are tented why? because we have had too much trouble in the past so are quite happy for them to write on FaceBook that we are knobs and we won't be getting their money!!

If I see such posts I normally reply "Thank you"
Not having a pop.... but what is your logic in charging £2.50 per night for an awning

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I site I looked at wanted to charge extra for a scooter , it was in the MH garage !!!!! , I speak with the pound in my pocket & just didn’t go there ✌️
Thats stupid! how can they justify that?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Eddie

Not having a pop.... but what is your logic in charging £2.50 per night for an awning
Valid question (y)
Ground sheets kill grass very quickly, leaving slimy dead grass that has to be dealt with. Tent pegs that are difficult to get out are left, causing havoc with the £400 blades on the £20,000 Kubota

Also, pitches have to be left to recover, as people don't want a pitch with slimy, smelly, yellow grass outside their door, and, despite being asked not to, and no one ever doing it, everyone also is happy to use a couple of fan heaters to heat the awning, pushing up the use of the free electric. "Oh Yes, of course it is an Eco mat!" (Yes with a tarpaulin underneath it lol)

But they I would ask what is the logic of having a motorhome and putting up an awning?

Last edited:

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Valid question (y)
Ground sheets kill grass very quickly, leaving slimy dead grass that has to be dealt with. Tent pegs that are difficult to get out are left, causing havoc with the £400 blades on the £20,000 Kubota

Also, pitches have to be left to recover, as people don't want a pitch with slimy, smelly, yellow grass outside their door, and, despite being asked not to, and no one ever doing it, everyone also is happy to use a couple of fan heaters to heat the awning, pushing up the use of the free electric.

But they I would ask what is the logic of having a motorhome and putting up an awning?
Unfortunately we all don’t have a massive RV..... we use one of these occasionally. And yes we did pay the £7.50 when we stayed at Cornish farm... have to admit it did pee me off a bit, but hey ho... my choice and I can vote with my feet, you pays your money and you make your choices
upload_2019-5-3_17-21-32.jpeg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Perhaps that could be seen as homophobic , B&B’S have been sued & lost their case for that

Standard on many booking sites including airbnb. Site I use in Brighton states the same.Not a problem there though as they don't allow music, tv's either.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Don’t forget peaple washing there dog bedding in the washing machines.
thats where tokens work amazing how much less washing or hot water is used when on a token system;) and less complaints as its their choice to use or not then FLT's like me don't feel ripped off paying for somat we don't need(y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If someone starts moaning that they don't use electric so don't need electric so won't pay for electric, our wardens try to stay awake long enough(it gets s bit boring lol) to point them to the services on the M5 a couple of miles away they can pay £27 a night without electric!

Maybe you should market your pitch as inclusive of FREE electric.
Then those that don't want it won't have cause to complain.
Ha.... Never thought of that, did ya. :LOL:

Stop digging deeper Mr Eddie.
If you do tell them it's free why have your staff on overtime pointing out the services without electric at night. :whistle:

Polobonnie100

Free Member
Feb 15, 2016
Harefield UB9
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Put a review on the Club website. I did this for a site that did exactly the same, and I've seen no more reviews since....

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Put a review on the Club website. I did this for a site that did exactly the same, and I've seen no more reviews since....
Didn't actually realise they had rolled it out at so many sites till now

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years
ECF9F03C-A43B-4993-86C3-FAFB1BDC0CC8.png
On MY campsite we don't charge for an extra car so long as it fits on the pitch.

I was looking at booking your site recently as I will be working in the area and there are no prices to see until you go to book. So I did, and guess what?
I have a 6.5 m Moho and a Fiat 500, nowhere does it ask me if the two will fit on a pitch! And they certainly will and have done!

'The same as all of our pitches include electricity, and are only £18 a night '

Looking at that screenshot, for 7 nights in May I make that £21.....

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Valid question (y)

Also, pitches have to be left to recover, as people don't want a pitch with slimy, smelly, yellow grass outside their door, and, despite being asked not to, and no one ever doing it, everyone also is happy to use a couple of fan heaters to heat the awning, pushing up the use of the free electric. "Oh Yes, of course it is an Eco mat!" (Yes with a tarpaulin underneath it lol)

I usually only put the put the awning up when it's going to be raining, it gives us somewhere to hang wet clothes, stand wellies and dry the dog off rather than doing it inside the van.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
View attachment 301100

I was looking at booking your site recently as I will be working in the area and there are no prices to see until you go to book. So I did, and guess what?
I have a 6.5 m Moho and a Fiat 500, nowhere does it ask me if the two will fit on a pitch! And they certainly will and have done!

'The same as all of our pitches include electricity, and are only £18 a night '

Looking at that screenshot, for 7 nights in May I make that £21.....
You can download the full price list from the website

And its £21 for the Bank Holiday back down to £18 on Tuesday (y)

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
We worked for CCC and car with Caravan is the same as Moho and car. Name and shame I’d say especially if their under the umbrella of the main clubs.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
In the last 10 years or so, Site prices have in many cases nearly doubled. I happen to have, and nearly once threw it away, A copy of the CC book for 2005, Site night prices generally are now much higher. E.g:- A C-L, which we used back in 2005, and still open was charging £6-00pn. the same site is now £18pn. That is a 200% increase. One, not that far from Eddie, has increased from £8pn (2005) to £14-50pn (current). As a comparison, My pension has not see that size of increase in the same period!.

Charging for a "toad" however is definitely simply just a rip-off. Like a car/caravan, one item usually stays on site, the other being used. So no difference then?. As for awnings, unfortunately the "drive away" we have has the sewn in ground sheet, and as such cannot be lifted. Which as Eddie pointed out long term gives issues with the Grass.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Having read all of this lot it appears to me that us "normal motorhomers" who have 2 people, solar panels, no awning or dogs and always use our own loo and shower are the people really getting screwed. We only need a small space, a tap and a drain with no other facilities and are no bother. So why should we subsidise the rest of you?

:reel::reel:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Let's get back to the basic issue made by the OP, it really is unfair to charge a motorhome extra if is accompanied with a car, we quite often travel separately but have never been asked to pay extra for the car, why would you, a pitch holds a Car and Caravan so what is the difference in a motorhome and car?

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Let's get back to the basic issue made by the OP, it really is unfair to charge a motorhome extra if is accompanied with a car, we quite often travel separately but have never been asked to pay extra for the car, why would you, a pitch holds a Car and Caravan so what is the difference in a motorhome and car?

Carbon footprint?

Unless you fart in empty jars to compensate, I just show my cupboard full of fart jars at reception.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Carbon footprint?

Unless you fart in empty jars to compensate, I just show my cupboard full of fart jars at reception.

Carbon footprint.. excuse me whilst we stifle a laugh......
Driving past an endless line of of articulated trucks, driving under overhead aircraft.
Avoiding the ULEZ were is has been deemed they insist we clean up the air in the city, oh but you can pay an extra charge to pollute it...
Or we aren't supplying plastic bags anymore because we support the CARBON FOOTPRINT but you can pay extra for them...

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years
You can download the full price list from the website

And its £21 for the Bank Holiday back down to £18 on Tuesday (y)

But no answer to your statement that if the car fits on the pitch there is no charge.....where does it say that?
Oh found it now, if you download the price list.....but most people booking would, in all honesty, just book and pay for an extra car, because there is no mention on the booking form.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
But no answer to your statement that if the car fits on the pitch there is no charge.....where does it say that?
Oh found it now, if you download the price list.....but most people booking would, in all honesty, just book and pay for an extra car, because there is no mention on the booking form.
Well most people will look at a price list, before they decide to book.

The price list is available on the web site, with a really clear explanation about cars being free if they fit on the pitch
A car towed behind a motorcaravan will not be charged providing both motorcaravan and car can be parked within the confines of the pitch.
How clear is that?

If people can’t be bothered to look at the price list, they could alway phone up and book

The percentage of people that can’t be bothered to look at a price list is small, the actual number of touring vans that tow a car on to Cornish Farm is small, I am not about to over complicate the on line booking process for a small percentage, of a small number of people.

Sometimes we have to take responsibility for ourselves, and not expect everything childlike in its simplicity to fit our personal situation!

We for example have a 9m RV that is rather tall, rather than book on line and arrive to find an unsuitable pitch and blame the campsite, I tend to phone and enquire about the availability of a suitable pitch, as it is us, that is slightly different to the norm, so I give a little more information than the norm and don’t assume it’s everyone else’s responsibility

Last edited:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Lots of people dont realise that if they are difficult on a campsite complaining that the rules or fees shouldn't apply to them, as they are 'special', their name (if taken) by their regd number goes onto a secret database only accessible to CL owners and campsite staff

This is cross referenced when people phone or arrive and the price is adjusted up accordingly, helps keep out the freeloaders that want "summat for nowt" brigade
Cant tell if this is you with tongue in cheek or for real :whistle:
But interesting that you could suggest it

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Cant tell if this is you with tongue in cheek or for real :whistle: