CL or small site recommendations northern uk (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Northumberland, North Yorks, East Coast, Scottish Borders etc

We don't want to travel miles for hours on end just to get there from County Durham.

5 nights in September, a few weekends and 5 nights in October, dog friendly, rural or town, good access. Not costing the earth, I know there are some good deals around when the kids go back to school, haven etc.

Any good ones you know of?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We meet up with Funster friends from Chester Le Street a few times a year and always try and drive roughly the same distance.

Lovely little CL near Appleby called Crofts end, it has hook up and WC with lovely views. It's also with in walking distance of a lovely pub.

There's another just outside Kirkoswald near Penrith can't remember the name, it's on a farm with a larger site with the CL in a seperate field. Again within walking distance of a couple of pubs.

A little bit further is one of our favourite although I can't remember the name :) it's at Hawkshead in the lakes, it sits on the edge of the village which has a few lovely pubs. I think there's a theme forming here around pubs :)

If you fancy coming a little further then Dumfries and Galloway have a few lovely CLs, if you want info on the area just ask

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We meet up with Funster friends from Chester Le Street a few times a year and always try and drive roughly the same distance.

Lovely little CL near Appleby called Crofts end, it has hook up and WC with lovely views. It's also with in walking distance of a lovely pub.

There's another just outside Kirkoswald near Penrith can't remember the name, it's on a farm with a larger site with the CL in a seperate field. Again within walking distance of a couple of pubs.

A little bit further is one of our favourite although I can't remember the name :) it's at Hawkshead in the lakes, it sits on the edge of the village which has a few lovely pubs. I think there's a theme forming here around pubs :)

If you fancy coming a little further then Dumfries and Galloway have a few lovely CLs, if you want info on the area just ask

Thanks Lorger, yes Dumfries and Galloway is manageable being southern Scotland. The Appleby one sounds nice I will check it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Lorger, yes Dumfries and Galloway is manageable being southern Scotland. The Appleby one sounds nice I will check it out.

Depending on how far west you want to go, if not that far then here's a few for you to think about sorry if I don't have names I'm sure you can find them.

There's a CL near Powfoot which is just west of Annan and has a lovely stretch of beach and nice hotel/pub, they also have a golf club so can eat and drink there.

You have this one in Lochfoot just outside Dumfries http://www.auchenfrancoholidays.co.uk/caravan.html, the guys makes Pens also. You can cycle off road or very quiet road into Dumfries which is about 5 miles, it's all downhill in the way in to town so you know what that means on the way home :). The hills aren't to bad as I actually run up that road quiet often.

There's a CL on the edge of Lochmaben a small town/small village, you have loads of lovely walks round the Lochs and local country side. The village has half a dozen pubs that also do food, that have a cafe and Chinese takeaway. The golf course is also open to the public for drink and food and right next door to the club is a lovely little council campsite with lovely views across the loch http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/kirklochcs.
Busses run from Lochmaben to Dumfries and Lockerbie regularly and both around 6 miles away, you could also get to Edinburgh in just over an hour if you get the bus to Lockerbie then direct train.

There's also one at Torthorwald which is nice but not much walking or cycling due to busy roads close by.

There's also a lovely CL just outside a lovely little village 7 miles from Dumfries, the village is New Abbey and the CL I think is Landis farm again good cycling and walking opportunities and funny enough the village has a pub :)

If you want further west let me know.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
This one used to be a CS/CL but then they went the whole hog. Still feels like a CS/CL -- very friendly with reasonable prices:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Try Seahouses Northumberland. A few cls. Look on search for sites. Dog friendly beach. Good pubs. Farne islands to visit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back