Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
I used to belong to both clubs but wasn't using their sites often enough to benefit. And now prices are just absurd.

But I'm considering rejoining one for the 5 unit sites.

So are they much of a muchness or do people favour one over the other?

(I did hear that CS sites often have several tents in addition to the 5 units, putting a strain on resources, but I don't know how true that is. Maybe it's true for both? ).

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No tent campers allowed on CMC CLs. They have got to keep the riff raff out :rofl: . So just 5 pitches for motorhomes and caravans.

On the other hand campers are allowed on CCC CSs. Still 5 pitches for motorhomes and caravans and also more pitches (not sure how many) for tents

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We were in both,but stopped the CnCC as most of the people we mixed with were in the now CnMC club. NO other reason. ( CnCC used to run the New Forest sites still used them,so no axe to grind ) Still paid up members of the CnMC club living over here. So for me i would say CnMC.
Tea Bag.
peterc10. A LARPH... Riff raf/ROUGH BOYS. :ROFLMAO: Had a Hymer c/van with the door on the wrong side..? Was told on Pinewoods site Wells next the sea to turn it around on the pitch ? Still thinking i was Charles Atlas,got it stuck half way round..... " Rough boys/Riff raf appeared. Words to effect of. " Get out of the way you old..f..f...Fart " were spoken. Before i could clear them off the pitch FORCIBLY..đźš‘, :ROFLMAO: it was turned around and the legs down.This was about 2007..i would still recognise them if they dare to cross my path again. ;)

Last edited:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We started out with a membership of both CCC and CAMC to see which panned out to be the best option for us.
We opted to drop CAMC as we very rarely used club sites and preferred CS/CL's sites but kept our CCC membership up for the discount on insurance and the fact that you can have a paperless membership with CCC which reduced the price by not receiving a paper club mag, but you can still read the club mag each month on-line.

We have found that a lot of CAMC CL sites are not particularly interested if you have CAMC membership as most want the pitches filled for the pitch fees.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have found that a lot of CAMC CL sites are not particularly interested if you have CAMC membership as most want the pitches filled for the pitch fees.
I have found the same with the CCC but it does depend on the site, on both I have been asked for my card on arrival

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
We like the C&CC for the Temporary Holiday Sites. Always good value and plenty of them. Plus being well above a certain age the main sites can be very good value.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
There are more CAMC CLs than CCC CSs. More CLs are metering electricity. Membership of the relevant club is part of the “license” requirement. Most CLs I have used have wanted membership number. We are currently members of both, having joined CCC this year to see what their various sites are like, having been CAMC members for years, but like other somewhat disenchanted with them. We don’t use their main sites, only CLs.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
you can have a paperless membership with CCC
A bit annoying you can't have paperless membership with the old foggey deal but at least you only pay ½ price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back