Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I'm happy to pay for my site when I book and if I couldn't make the booking I'd also ring tje site to let them know I wouldn't be arriving so they could let someone else have the pitch and double their money but then again that's probably why my kids tell me im weird

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I'm happy to pay for my site when I book and if I couldn't make the booking I'd also ring tje site to let them know I wouldn't be arriving so they could let someone else have the pitch and double their money but then again that's probably why my kids tell me im weird
Top man!
Ive booked 7 nights on a CL in Norfolk and will pay the full amount tomorrow,arrive there on Friday. Never been there before but know it’ll be fine as we have researched it. Too many people are taking the **** and I don’t do that to small businesses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Was at a cl earler this year, couple on their way home sked to book for the same week next year, were asked to please let the owner know if they couldn't get there. No problem was the response I'll pay for it now.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We were a no show recently but DID NOTIFY them 72hrs in advance we couldn't get there, they still kept our £31. We also left a day earlier than booked and paid for, they kept this £31 also. Hey Ho, AND they still charged us £16 to park our hire car on site for 4 days.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We could never NO SHOW without notifying them with as much notice as possible. Just not in our DNA. We know full well what it's like trying to run a business with so many selfish ignorant stuck up their own bottoms type out there.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
No shows are selfish, not good for site owners or other customers. Some of the CL/CSs we have visited recently have asked for full payment in advance and I don’t blame them.
Don't blame them would be happy to pay at least a deposit.
it is just common decency to inform people if you cannot make it. Place I use near Brighton when I rang once to tell them I needed to arrive a day later ,thanked me for letting them know as most jst didn't arrive ??
Me I'd put them on a black list. Or if continual you have to leave card details & no shows get charged in full.

Any no show should be listed with the CMC. They can then hit you with the same suspension policy for club site no showsbookings
Should be easy enough to do if the site is IT savvy, some are still operating on "old world values" which include trust and these are the ones that people are abusing with no shows.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Not really as in the summer we overbook. If they all turn up we have room.

In the winter though, the ground is soft and we only have 5 pitches so dare not over book. But rarely are we full in the winter. So we don't lose that much. People book, look at the weather and if its bad they don't bother.
They should still let you know its just manners

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Agree with the comments about either paying a deposit or in full for cl site's, but I think, especially from there one's we've used so far, is that they only really accept cash or cheques, with no means of other payments, one of ours favourites wouldn't even accept a deposit last year, for this year's booking "incase they were no longer here next year" and she didn't mean the site! 😞
We have used 6 CL/CSs so far this year. Only 2 wanted cash or cheque the other 4 accepted an online transfer. Cash is fast becoming unwelcome, they all have bank accounts and a quick transfer of the payment is easier all round.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Can’t sites take a card image/reference the way a hotel does for incidentals? Advise customers they’ll be charged in full if they fail to show? Make it part of the booking conditions. We book, we show up, no problem paying a deposit. I feel sorry for parks, pubs, restaurants being hit this way ☹️
Setting up card payments would be too much for most CL/CSs. Only those that have associated farm shops, cafes or larger sites are likely to find it worthwhile. Online transfers directly to their accounts are easy enough and that way they get the money without paying commission.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We have probably had 30+ no-shows this year so far. EVERY weekend you have at least 2

Do you take a non refundable deposit out of interest.

I can understand a no show through I’ll health etc.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
We were a no show recently but DID NOTIFY them 72hrs in advance we couldn't get there, they still kept our £31. We also left a day earlier than booked and paid for, they kept this £31 also. Hey Ho, AND they still charged us £16 to park our hire car on site for 4 days.
Did you read their terms and conditions when you booked? If you did then all of the above charges should have been expected!! Looks like you turned up a day late and left a day early and parked an extra vehicle on site. It’s only my opinion but I don’t think they were out of order.🤔🤔
DJT

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Did you read their terms and conditions when you booked? If you did then all of the above charges should have been expected!! Looks like you turned up a day late and left a day early and parked a extra vehicle on site. It’s only my opinion but I don’t think they were out of order.🤔🤔
DJT
I think a lot depends on if they were able to fill the pitch. If not I think it's fair enough to charge

Reactions: DJT

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
We could never NO SHOW without notifying them with as much notice as possible. Just not in our DNA. We know full well what it's like trying to run a business with so many selfish ignorant stuck up their own bottoms type out there.
In my business (vehicle dismantlers and salvage)for 25 yrs we called the above type CUSTOMERS and dealt with it!!! No problem!!
Hit them in the hip was our motto😊 It did help us to keep a smile on our face.Perhaps some of the Touring Parks take this view!😊😊
Just saying like.
DJT

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
The CL site I am currently on takes a deposit on booking and requires balance 1 week before arrival, guess what he very rarely has any no shows. Pen-L-Lyn near RAF Valley, Anglesey
I am happy to pay like this 👍🏻
Otter Spotter if I am correct isn't that site also a campsite? If so the problem is for the local farm/landlord who only has 5 spaces and is both helping us, as a community, and trying to boost their income.
Is it fair that they are loosing money because one wastetral can't lift the phone and let the CL/CS know?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Did you read their terms and conditions when you booked? If you did then all of the above charges should have been expected!! Looks like you turned up a day late and left a day early and parked an extra vehicle on site. It’s only my opinion but I don’t think they were out of order.🤔🤔
DJT
Not and never complained, merely mentioning it. I thought maybe they would consider the parking charge as they got 2 nights for nowt. But as i say, hey ho.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Otter Spotter if I am correct isn't that site also a campsite? If so the problem is for the local farm/landlord who only has 5 spaces and is both helping us, as a community, and trying to boost their income.
Is it fair that they are loosing money because one wastetral can't lift the phone and let the CL/CS know?
I agree it’s not fair and that’s why if CL sites used a similar payment regime, it may help reducing ‘No shows’ , why in this day and age people can spend hours conversing with idiots on social media but cannot call a site owner to cancel, they are just plain selfish, thoughtless and ignorant.👿

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I agree it’s not fair and that’s why if CL sites used a similar payment regime, it may help reducing ‘No shows’ , why in this day and age people can spend hours conversing with idiots on social media but cannot call a site owner to cancel, they are just plain selfish, thoughtless and ignorant.👿

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back