cl & cc ?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by tezzer22, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tezzer22

tezzer22 Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    hi im new here can anyone explain what cl and cc means when talking about parking places/sites ?

2. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +299
    a cl is a certified location and usually only allows around 5 vans on and these can be places like farms and pubs etc whereas cc is a caravan club site which are bigger like the one i am on at the moment at great yarmouth race course

3. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +95
    I dare say it's blindingly obvious but one has to belong to the Caravan Club or Camping & Caravan Club to use their CLs and sites!! Personally I prefer the freedom of CLs:thumb:

4. Caztur

Caztur Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    CC = Caravan Club who have a network of CLs which are Certified Locataions - the owners hold a licence via the Club so they can accomodate up to 5 caravans or motorhomes - Club Members only.

C & C C = The Camping & Caravanning Club who have a network of CSs which are Certificated Sites - same idea, up to 5 caravans or motorhomes plus as many tents as they can fit on subject to safety regulations, also Members Only.

They are many and diverse - some have only limited facilities, some are as good as commercial sites. Prices vary from cheap to reasonable. Could be behind a pub, on a farm, in a vineyard, stately home or anywhere, really.

The Clubs also have their own Club Sites, run by the Club or (in case of C & C C) under a franchise arrangement - these can be any size and most have full facilities. They are generally of a very high standard of cleanliness & organisation compared to most commercial sites.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009