Civitavecchia (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all, booked on the ferry from Barcelona to Civitavecchia arriving at 19.30 in the evening. Looking for a stop for the night, probably within about an hour from the port. Heading for Ancona for the ferry to Greece.
Many thanks
Mike

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We did that in the spring, there is a great aire/parking we went to and like you we arrived in the dark. I will look it up, it's on Camper Contact.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, can’t help you on places to stay but have you done those ferry crossings before? I’m only asking as I have a twin axle motorhome similar to yours and wonder if you have had any problems getting on or off the ferries as I’d like to do your journey but will be towing a trailer too.

Thanks Dave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Stopped here May last year after getting off the ferry. Good overnight stop and easy drive
We arrived in the dark and did not see the restaurant/bar so eat on board and it was not until the morning that we found what a good little spot it was, apart from it just really being a dirt car park with the village rubbish bins that is. But would definitely stop again if that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
HobbyHarvey
Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
@dpsuk999 Can't really help, only been on Pont Aven to santander with this vehicle, but have been on a number of ferries with our previous van which was an 8 metre Hobby, towing a 7 metre boat trailer, no problems encountered.

OP
OP
HobbyHarvey
Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
@StephandJohn crossing time is about 20 hours. Costs are dependant on a when you are travelling, and when you book, there is an early booking discount if you book before 28th February.
As said above Google will help you. We also booked through Viamare who were extremely helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back