Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
What a nice Christmas present for the staff :(

Thinking about it, it's a while since I've seen a City Link van, or received a delivery via one. Maybe not surprising if they've been losing money for years (sold by Rentokil for a £1 last year).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Says on the BBC that if you're waiting for a parcel that you can collect it from your local depot on Monday
Terrible news for their staff and customers.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Says on the BBC that if you're waiting for a parcel that you can collect it from your local depot on Monday
Terrible news for their staff and customers.
But how do you know if they have a parcel for you? I think we have about 4 outstanding at the moment :xsad:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Might be worth popping to your local depot on the off chance with some ID and proof of address.
Alternatively contact the company you are expecting the parcel from.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
100 mile round trip to our "local" depot which would cost more in fuel and time than the value of the goods we are expecting.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Pretty awful but given the drivers have been paid pennies for ages and have absolutely no heart in the job which translates to a totally awful service it really was only a matter of time.
Like others I really do pity the employees but truth be told they are probably going to be far better off !

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I was made redundant twice in my working life, it wasn't nice either time.
But this company was the bottom of th pile. In my experience they never delivered anything, just put a card in the letter box and made me collect the parcel from their depot. I put it down to the fact that the driver were never taught how to ring a door bell.
Even when we were in all day all we ever found was their blasted card in the letter box.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I was made redundant twice in my working life, it wasn't nice either time.
But this company was the bottom of th pile. In my experience they never delivered anything, just put a card in the letter box and made me collect the parcel from their depot. I put it down to the fact that the driver were never taught how to ring a door bell.
Even when we were in all day all we ever found was their blasted card in the letter box.
Haven't thought of it before, but you're absolutely right. Always a card and never a parcel...that's been happening for a few years now.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It is sobering to think that whereas those that would hold up the Queen's mail commit a crime virtually only secondary to treason. The liquidators can say pick it up or lose it to those whose property is in the City link system. Rolling Eyes

I suppose the same is true of the Royal Mail since privitisation.

Dick

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I just hope the employees find new and better employment very quickly.

Redundancy is never pleasant or easy and even though you try to remember it is the job that has been finished and not you it is still hard not to take it personally.

Jaytee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2014
Near Filey North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcombe
Exp
Only a year but camping and Caravanning for 50 years.
A good friend of mine found out today via the BBC that he no longer has a job. What a good Christmas present Eh? Not.
BUT as Jaws said he may be better off as has his own van 'leased' so may well find a Co that actually pays him properly.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Bought my wifes Xmas presnt online on the 23rd, delivered next day Xmas eve by a real nice Citylink guy, shame I bet he did not know when he delivered it

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
About twenty or thirty years ago we used to have a vaccine delivered every year and we had city link deliver it , same bloke for donkeys years , absolutely first class, but they were about the only firm that delivered around here then, last time I saw one of their vans around here was about three years ago, and the same bloke was driving it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back