City de Europe (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Just been into city de Europe for a last minute shop
and its spooky there are North African immigrants strolling around trying all car and van doors all with uk plates one gave me a pile of abuse as it would not let him in to go to uk
one tried a van door next to us even though we where watching him and not take any notice even when Elaine gave him a mouth full though window
I think that’s it for us next trip it will be shop somewhere else away from ferry ports

sad really we have always stoped here for many years both in and out
not worth the risk no more
robrace

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It’s been well publicised I am surprised anyone from here has gone anywhere near 🤔

never did understand why it was so popular myself, but did try it once , much better places to overnight and shop once in France or before getting back to the channel crossing 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
and its spooky there are North African immigrants strolling around trying all car and van doors all with uk plates one gave me a pile of abuse as it would not let him in to go to uk
one tried a van door next to us even though we where watching him and not take any notice even when Elaine gave him a mouth full though window
I think that’s it for us next trip it will be shop somewhere else away from ferry ports

robrace
Friends of mine came back via Cherbourg and someone tried to climb up their rear ladder!!😲

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It’s been a while since we were there , didn’t like the look of the spectators, came out and went down to the Auchan in Boulogne

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There have been a few threads lately about the police warning off UK plates from stopping to shop during the day.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class

robrace
The best view of this place is from the train window cant believe peoe still go but yhen look at how the British are behaving at home now.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
The best view of this place is from the train window cant believe peoe still go but yhen look at how the British are behaving at home now.
I'm staggered that anyone in their right minds would want to stow away on a vehicle to plague island that riddled with shortages of food, fuel and tempers too.
France is far more pleasant with an abundance of fresh food, cheaper fuel (no queues) and everyone masked up in all shops.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
This is what happened to us, from the other thread.

" We're not parking there again, last September we had 1 migrant under the scooter cover at citë europe, the French police saw him on cctv and came and took him away.. Then another attempt at the Auchan supermarket (felt the suspension drop at the back) told him to bugger off, then another one hassling me filling up kept saying "London" to me as if it's the only word he knew... Then he jumped on the scooter as we pulled off from Auchen filling station. Unbelievable.

Stop anywhere in Calais at your peril 😳"

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The fact they are trying to get in the vans with people in them in really confusing . What are they expecting to happen ? Is there a hope that some lovely kind motorhomer will say “ come on then mate jump in “
It’s so strange .

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I thought the police were warning British registered vehicles off?

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The only thing that Citie Europe was good for was if you had a very early ferry.
The last twice we used it-before all the migrant trouble-it was downright noisy!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

robrace

Obviously the ones prone to sea-sickness have to try other means !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back