Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Our Fiat Seicento Sporting has given us excellent service for 4 years now as a TOAD but it's time for a change.
We've been considering a Citroen Pluriel 1.6. It seems to have everything we want, a convertible hatchback/pickup with 4 seats!
The 1.6 is fitted with the Citroen Sensodrive which is a manual gearbox with servo clutch and gear selection. It's also a CAN-bus so we will have to use a trailer board but that's ok.
Has anyone ever heard of a Pluriel being towed wheels down?

Cheers
Doug

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I just bought a cheapie Citroen 1997 and what a great little car it is.

Cant believe an old car can be so sweet, only thing wrong is a minor dent in the door.

You don't want to buy a cerato do you:winky:only joking:winky:

Great choice of toadougie D:thumb:

When and if I get back going again would love a Saab or Volvo convertible as a toad.

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I just bought a cheapie Citroen 1997 and what a great little car it is.

Cant believe an old car can be so sweet, only thing wrong is a minor dent in the door.

You don't want to buy a cerato do you:winky:only joking:winky:

Great choice of toadougie D:thumb:

When and if I get back going again would love a Saab or Volvo convertible as a toad.

I am beginning to worry, I found myself looking at Fiats and saying to myself, I quite like the look of them. Yesterday, I was in the Citroen dealers to look at a Pluriel and found myself drooling over the new C5. The german brands leave me cold but the Far East seem to turning increasingly attractive cars. The Kia ProCeed is very smart. Sadly all of them are out of my price range but we did toy with the idea of towing an older Saab convertible but it would have be a Saab and not a better styled Cavalier/Vectra.

Cheers
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It's also a CAN-bus so we will have to use a trailer board but that's ok.
Hi Doug
maybe not as simple as that I'm afraid, you need to check if the ECU requires re programing for towing, even trailer lights can have strange affects if the ECU isn't told about them, reversing sensors too (if fitted) may have to be switched off in towing mode, or it sees the trailer and sometimes just the tow ball as an obstruction
Going to fit a tow bar are you:RollEyes:
Not without the ECUs permission your not:Doh:
Whose car is it these days:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Doug
maybe not as simple as that I'm afraid, you need to check if the ECU requires re programing for towing, even trailer lights can have strange affects if the ECU isn't told about them, reversing sensors too (if fitted) may have to be switched off in towing mode, or it sees the trailer and sometimes just the tow ball as an obstruction
Going to fit a tow bar are you:RollEyes:
Not without the ECUs permission your not:Doh:
Whose car is it these days:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

What with spies in the sky and bossy ECU what chance does anyone have?:Sad:
We won't have a tow hitch on the Citroen so couldn't we just get away with a trailer board connected to the RV? Leave the Citroen electrics well alone. I won't tell the ECU if you won't:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ah so!!!! with you mentioning the canbus I ssumed you were going to tow with the car as well:Doh: clearly a lightboard in the RV is ok
Sorry but my trade oath requires me to inform the ECU exactly what yer up to, I will require to plug in next time we meet:ROFLMAO:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just a thought when you buy a plurial do you buy one get one free:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: don't know much about toads but plurial are french with leaky roofs :ROFLMAO: says I who does not buy even french apples.:thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
:ROFLMAO: don't know much about toads but plurial are french with leaky roofs :ROFLMAO: says I who does not buy even french apples.:thumb:
terry

Yes, we've read all of the reviews and the earliest models had real problems with leaking roof seals. Better one were released and a lot of the early cars had them replaced under warranty. It's easy to find the ones that haven't, the footwells are full of water:ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Doug

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I now use a trailer board as the wiring through the Kia was always wonky and playing up although had it took to Chris Cox a few time so gave up.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back