Citroen C4 Picasso Advice, please (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I know it's not motorhome related, but I also know there's lots of knowledge on here, so I'd like some advice, please.

I have a Citroen C4 Picasso, 2012 vintage, with the robotised gearbox. The gear selection lever above the steering column has snapped off. I can probably repair it properly once I get it on a bench, but I can't for the life of me see how to get the steering column shroud off to get access to the mounting bolts for the selector mechanism.

The plastic trim/shroud seems to be in two parts, as with other vehicles I have dealt with, but I can't see any mounting screws, bolts or clips.

Any advice would be gratefully received. :pray2:

Stephen

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno specifically about the C4, but some of the Citroen shrouds are clipped together and do not use screws..
I have ( somewhere ) a tool for splitting the shroud.. It is basically nothing more than a plastic wedge !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cavs
Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
All sorted, thanks. There are two bolts, largely invisible even with mirrors and lights! Found them by guesswork.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All sorted, thanks. There are two bolts, largely invisible even with mirrors and lights! Found them by guesswork.
Thanks for the update Cavs.. I do wish manufacturers would stick to sensible methods and not make us guess !!
I did find my tool .. It has Fiat on the side of it so that suggests Citroen are not the only folk who have the 'pop off' cowlings..

OP
OP
Cavs
Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I agree. The part of the cowl farthest into the dashboard popped off as you described, so thanks for that. The bit closest to the steering wheel clearly had to have fixings and there were four possible holes; after trying flat blades and philips heads, a star drive on an extension finally reached something that felt like a bolt and bingo.

And I did fix the breakage on the bench using SupaFix APX4, which I'd never seen before yesterday. (http://supa-fix.com/products/apx4/) Squirt some powder into the joint/crack, then apply the glue and you get a filling adhesive that set like steel. Car's back on the road and without spending £219 on a new part. :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back