Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I remember reading a thread recently (although I can't find it now) saying that the parking at the Citi to Europe in was currently closed

I'm wondering if this has been updated and if it is open now ?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I remember reading a thread recently (although I can't find it now) saying that the parking at the Citi to Europe in was currently closed

I'm wondering if this has been updated and if it is open now ?
It was closed till around 16th June. We used it on 21st June and it was open

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Yes, it's open, passed by a couple of weeks ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
@Alistair33 just this minute arrived at Cite Europe. Camping-car parking area is open and fully functional(y)
But be quick, there's every chance I will have bought all the wine in Carrefour before you get here;)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
After an attempted break in whilst on the Marina car park two weeks ago thought we may park up at City de Europe when we arrive arrive in France n two weeks! Travelling over on tunnel as usual but Sunday night on the 6.20pm crossing! I assume City de Europe is closed on Sunday's but can you park up at anytime?

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
After an attempted break in whilst on the Marina car park two weeks ago thought we may park up at City de Europe when we arrive arrive in France n two weeks! Travelling over on tunnel as usual but Sunday night on the 6.20pm crossing! I assume City de Europe is closed on Sunday's but can you park up at anytime?
Shops are closed, only the restaurants are open on a Sunday but car park is accessible 24/7

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

Yes anytime although if you arrive early in the day you can find lots of Cars parked for shopping, it's basically a Car Park as the Camping Car Aire is not really designated you can park where it suits you.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Yes anytime although if you arrive early in the day you can find lots of Cars parked for shopping, it's basically a Car Park as the Camping Car Aire is not really designated you can park where it suits you.
There is a designated MH parking area but cars can and do use it too but big space and plenty of room for all.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Is that 23rd ? We are traveling that day too, after 4pm !

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
There is a designated MH parking area but cars can and do use it too but big space and plenty of room for all.
Really! I note there is a sign but not any marked areas though people do congregate on the left hand side. I remember there use to be a service point in that area some years ago but it's now disappeared hence undesirable Motorhomers (none on here!) disposing of waste in the bushes ( now thinned out)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Really! I note there is a sign but not any marked areas though people do congregate on the left hand side. I remember there use to be a service point in that area some years ago but it's now disappeared hence undesirable Motorhomers (none on here!) disposing of waste in the bushes ( now thinned out)

Sorry, probably misunderstanding. I meant that there is one parking area without height barriers and that has a standard MH parking sign on it .

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
yes!Will be there hopefully on the 23rd!Have stayed on the Marina for years but now not officially allowed to stop there since the new Aire.but it's such a long walk into Calais.Somebody told me you can also stop at Auchan but when we were there 2 weeks ago(shopping) noticed signs as you go in "no camping"So will try Cite De Europe.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@Alistair33 just this minute arrived at Cite Europe. Camping-car parking area is open and fully functional(y)
But be quick, there's every chance I will have bought all the wine in Carrefour before you get here;)
All right for you rich sods us papupers can't afford Cite Europe's Carrefour's prices, our favorite wine is 35% dearer there than in an Auchan.

Last edited:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
GPS for entrance of moho parking 50.932915, 1.811091
Is this the aire nearest to calais that i keep hearing about with a barrier and security?
We travel home on Thursday morning on the 7.30 am ferry and need to be at the port at 6 am to get the dogs checked in so want the nearest place to stay weds night. Any help much appreciated.

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
We are crossing 31st July last train of the day, so Citi Europe is our 1st stop

Wake up refreshed for onward travels south

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is this the aire nearest to calais that i keep hearing about with a barrier and security?
We travel home on Thursday morning on the 7.30 am ferry and need to be at the port at 6 am to get the dogs checked in so want the nearest place to stay weds night. Any help much appreciated.
Cite Europe is literally over a wire fence from the tunnel reception, but you have to go round about half a mile to get to it.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry just seen you are catching a ferry:doh:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Cite Europe is at Coquelles but is almost directly off the A16 so would be a very short journey along to the ferry exit from A16.
No barriers. Look at it on google earth or maps to work it out before you go.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If it helps, here is my video of the way into the Cite Europe aire.
It starts from the shuttle but goes via the A16 motorway so is relevant for anyone traveling on the A16.
There is another video on my channel showing the way from the aire to the fuel station and MH services.

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
It starts from the shuttle but goes via the A16 motorway so is relevant for anyone traveling on the A16.
There is another video on my channel showing the way from the aire to the fuel station and MH services.

Thanks .. (y) That does help

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016

If you're coming from the tunnel that video shows the long way round though - if you take the road to the right signposted Cite Europe (at 01:54 in the video) its even quicker and easier.

Try this video which shows the shortest route from the tunnel to Cite Europe:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you're coming from the tunnel that video shows the long way round though - if you take the road to the right signposted Cite Europe (at 01:54 in the video) its even quicker and easier.

Try this video which shows the shortest route from the tunnel to Cite Europe:

Correct, from the tunnel it is a little longer but the video also shows the way from the motorway so is also useful for folk coming off a ferry or heading north.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back