Cite Europe (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2017
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Knauss Sun I
Exp
new
Hi, we are going over on the chunnel next week and staying over night at cite europe, is it just a case of following the signs there or is there a special area for motorhomes.
Any info would be gratefully received.
Me

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is a dedicated parking area next to police station just follow the signs.(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You don’t need to go onto the motorway to get to the Cite Europe Aire. After leaving train, follow the pack until there is a turning to the right signposted Cite Europe. Then take third exit (turning left) at the next two roundabouts. Then I think there is a MH sign, follow that and the Aire will be on the left hand side of the road.

The entrance to Carrefour supermarket will then be opposite and you can wander around and start to enjoy being away.
This is what it looks like as you approach, you will turn left across the oncoming traffic.
Gps. 50.93289, 1.81106
Sorry the picture didn’t copy over but here is the original thread
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/cite-de-europe-how-to-get-to-it.176683/

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
image.png

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
(y)This is where you need to be....

1AB140A4-1EA9-4DBC-947D-307232BE60FC.png

And this is the bigger picture....

E99839EA-821A-46BE-BB38-EF8D37BAF952.png

Have a look on google maps and plot the route and it will take you straight there...

Have a great time ...

OP
OP
Meander n Izzy
May 10, 2017
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Knauss Sun I
Exp
new
Thank you all very much perfect info, guess even I can not get lost:D
Me

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
If you are leaving Cite Europe and going for a train, do you have to go back on the motorway ?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If you are leaving Cite Europe and going for a train, do you have to go back on the motorway ?
No need. When you turn right out of the car park, heading back down to wards Lidl, take the right turn behind the shop, then half way down that road, turn right again for the Pet Passport Check In.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Tuesday night (29th) some foreign looking chaps were wandering around the motorhomes when I took the dog for her last wee. At 3am there was a commotion outside as the police with very loud angry looking Alsatians were rounding them up or chasing them off. First time I've seen or heard any problems.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If your lucky and gates open, first time we tried it was shut, ok second time.
That happened to us on our first attempt, but we were later advised to approach the gate next time, to activate access sensors.

Tuesday night (29th) some foreign looking chaps were wandering around the motorhomes when I took the dog for her last wee. At 3am there was a commotion outside as the police with very loud angry looking Alsatians were rounding them up or chasing them off. First time I've seen or heard any problems.
We had a problem last December, when fellow Brits witnessed an immigrant trying to climb on to our rear tandem axles. They called security who alerted us, but the scroat had disappeared by that time.
It was no big thing, but Rita was really upset, so we moved to Wissant there and then. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
They weren't being aggressive or anything but good to know the police are on the ball

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
While were talking about Cite Europe has anyone stayed there boxing day we are thinking of getting a mid afternoon train staying the night for a early start 28th will there be many there do you reckon ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You shouldn't have any problem staying at Citie Europ at any time, as far as I know it never closes - after all it's only a car-park. I guess the centre itself will probably be open so shops, restaurants etc. also be available.

But anyway, Boxing Day is 26th..............

However best get your booking in now as it'll probably be very expensive - it's a peak travelling period.

Beatrice

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 1995
When you exit the Carpark, check your chassis. Few years back we had a chap strapped to our tag axle. We had arrived in Calais on the late train as always, stayed the night at cite europe. I woke at 4am as I felt movement of the van. All ok alarm was armed. We get on the motorway, and had a continuous banging under the van, hubby checked his wing mirror, and could see the hand waving from under the side skirt. When we stopped he got from under the van and walked behind the back of our van. Our friends who were pulled up behind us couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Another couple we met told us they had one on their bike rack under the cover. Just keep an eye out.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We had one in our bike rack in august ,hidden under the cover, just be vigilant and check under your van before you leave. £2k fine if your found carrying one

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
They must take pot luck as to which way you are heading otherwise they could end up further south rather than Blighty

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
When you exit the Carpark, check your chassis. Few years back we had a chap strapped to our tag axle. We had arrived in Calais on the late train as always, stayed the night at cite europe. I woke at 4am as I felt movement of the van. All ok alarm was armed. We get on the motorway, and had a continuous banging under the van, hubby checked his wing mirror, and could see the hand waving from under the side skirt. When we stopped he got from under the van and walked behind the back of our van. Our friends who were pulled up behind us couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Another couple we met told us they had one on their bike rack under the cover. Just keep an eye out.
Are you making this up as I just cannot believe this could possibly happen. How far did he walk behind the van?

iconic

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Lancs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
17 Years
Are you making this up as I just cannot believe this could possibly happen. How far did he walk behind the van?
We was on city europe 2 week ago and were woke up at 3 3o am with noises under bed at rear i looked out of window and saw someone in a hoodie kneeling down so banged on window there was two of them lwatched them try other vans before heading for ferry we have been going on city europe for 5 years and it has allways been well lit and policed but that night the lights on carpark where off and never saw any police cars patroling wont be going on again

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We were at cite europe 3 or 4 weeks ago and i am sure all the lights went out at 11 or 12, could be wrong

We were there last Sunday,and yes the lights did go out at 11 o’clock. It was busy with Motorhomes of all nationalities and we never saw or heard a thing all night.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Buggered if would stop for at least 200 miles.... they wanna play games, well so can I

Beatrice

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 1995
Pelican. Can assure you I am not making this up. We feel he was getting on the van at 4am when I realised there was movement. In the morning Before we left Cite Europe we went into Carrefour to stock up with some beers, from there over to Coquelles to the Auchan for diesel, then we headed for the A26. He obviously realised we were not going over or under the water home. We carried him at least 30 / 40 mins travelling from cite Europe to fuel, then A26 on the van. We only seen the back of him our friends seen him full on ? We were not smiling at the time. He had a hell of a long walk back to Citi Europe. We have stayed there since, but check before leaving, there doesn’t seem so many there now since they moved their camp, but they are around other ports. Daughter came through Cherbourg in August and they were down there. Just keep Vigilant.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
You don’t need to go onto the motorway to get to the Cite Europe Aire. After leaving train, follow the pack until there is a turning to the right signposted Cite Europe. Then take third exit (turning left) at the next two roundabouts. Then I think there is a MH sign, follow that and the Aire will be on the left hand side of the road.

The entrance to Carrefour supermarket will then be opposite and you can wander around and start to enjoy being away.
This is what it looks like as you approach, you will turn left across the oncoming traffic.
Gps. 50.93289, 1.81106
Sorry the picture didn’t copy over but here is the original thread
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/cite-de-europe-how-to-get-to-it.176683/
When we were there couple of weeks back there were lots of road works and I think the slip road was closed to Cite Europe so had to go on A16 for 1 junction then back again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back