Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are off to France via the tunnel in a week or so's time, arriving in France at a ridiculous time in the morning. Plan 'A' was to just drive to Cite Europe and have a few hours kip before heading south.

Now SWMBO has read about all the trouble with the would be immigrants (probably in the Daily Mail) and she is worried that stopping so near Calais may not be safe.

Any Funsters got any recent experience (last week or so) of stopping at Cite Europe? Any sign of trouble? Did you feel safe?

Thanks for any info.

Paul

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Haven't stayed at the aire there for a number of years but from memory it is right beside the police station.
Dick

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We were there yesterday afternoon to buy some wine and parked in the MH parking area at the Carrefour end. It looked and felt quite safe but we were only there for 2 hours...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
stayed one night late july and one mid august saw nothing of concern both nights there were 10 to 15 vans there mainly brits.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I might be wrong but I think any immigrants are trying to get into the uk not join you on your hols or is she worried about gassing?

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I've often stayed at Cite Europe in the same circumstances; late night crossing, few hours kip before setting off south. We've never had any difficulties but I've not done it recently.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We stayed at cite Europe in July, there were a few immigrants knocking around, but so were lots of security and police, you will be ok going into France as they want a trip back to uk

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
We were at Cite Europe 2 weeks ago and saw absolutely nothing untoward. In fact was surprised at just how quiet it was. Park in the Aires bit of the car park and you'll be surrounded by about 20 British motor homes anyway!

Wine's cheap.

Paul

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We had no problem 3 weeks ago and anyway if you manage to get 4 underneath 2 on the roof and 1 under the bike rack cover they will jump off as you start heading south.

Mike

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I might be wrong but I think any immigrants are trying to get into the uk not join you on your hols or is she worried about gassing?

Hang on, what do you mean gassing? Never heard anything about it - you had better give me the complete history of 'gassing', right from the beginning......

Thanks for the tips and advice folks, I think we will take a chance on Cite Europe.

Paul

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
We were at Cite Europe 2 weeks ago and saw absolutely nothing untoward. In fact was surprised at just how quiet it was. Park in the Aires bit of the car park and you'll be surrounded by about 20 British motor homes anyway!

Wine's cheap.

Paul

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
We were there overnight on 23 August on way back from biscarrosse and had no problems, there were at least 12 other MH's there. Used it on many occasions.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just wondering when parking up at Cite Europe (which we do on our trips) how do they know which way you are headed, as we stop there both directions , last winter stopped two 1/2 days there on the way out .. they would have a shock wouldnt they landed up at Val Thorens in the freezing cold where we normally travel to first lololol :giggler::giggler::giggler::giggler::giggler::giggler::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back