Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi I am a solo motorhomer and I am off to Cirencester on Thursday this week,can anyone recommend some places to visit on foot .I will be staying at the caravan club site off Stroud road. Which I think is in reasonable walking distance to the town. Roy

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We were at Cirencester site a couple if weeks ago. It's a lovely walk into town via the park, better than going the road way. On a Saturday there is a farmers market selling lovely food. We just mooched around town which has lovely little streets with nice shops and restaurants. There is a tourist info place which may have more info. It's a lovely club site you should have a lovely time.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks Spidey for that ,never thought about walking through the park ,so look forward to that..Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
You right Spidey lovely walk through he park ,also spent a long time in the Corinium museum .for anyone interested in our history this is a must...lovely town with lots of interesting places.....next year will be visiting ..ferry meadows Cc site in Cambridgeshire then on to Rowntree Cc site at York ,bobbyshaftoe site at Beamish, boroughbride site ,teversal site ,then Oxford. To name just a few..

Taz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
C. class
Exp
Since 1993
You right Spidey lovely walk through he park ,also spent a long time in the Corinium museum .for anyone interested in our history this is a must...lovely town with lots of interesting places.....next year will be visiting ..ferry meadows Cc site in Cambridgeshire then on to Rowntree Cc site at York ,bobbyshaftoe site at Beamish, boroughbride site ,teversal site ,then Oxford. To name just a few..

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Marlborough Arms, Black Horse, Golden Cross, The Bear, Corinium Hotel;)

Taz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2015
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
C. class
Exp
Since 1993
Try Jessies Bistro in Blackjack Street ask for Andrew say Chris Tasney recommended Jessies, try the Fish and Chips for lunch.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
The tourist office has a booklet on the Cirencester walk. There are marker in the pavement to indicate key points. A pound a go if memory servers me correctly.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014

Glad you liked it. :) The site is one of our favourite local sites. We went for Christmas Market in Dec, really lovely atmosphere. The park is closed after new year till the beginning of March.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
If you want to visit Cirencester at this time of the year Mayfield Caravan Park is open. I'm out there this morning, valeting a customers van. I'ts on the bus route just outside Cirencester and a really nice site

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
For those that don't use campsites and want to visit Cirencester, don't plan on stopping at the Truck parking by McDonalds as it has closed and the land sold for "re-development".

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Seen your blog - you seem to have been just about everywhere!

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
:) No..... Loads more places to go yet. I am intending to tour UK till autumn then cross the channel, but doubt if I will have seen a fraction of what our lovely country has to offer. If anyone has 'must do things' I haven't got round to please please let me know :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back