Circa 1999 Truma S3002 Igniter help (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Evenin' All

As some of you may recall, I'm replacing the 12 volt system in a friend's motorhome. I am now coming towards the end of the commissioning phase and have found a problem with the Truma heater. When removing the front cover of the the igniter "fell" out. I'm unsure whether the wiring was attached very loosely or not at all. On this version of the igniter there are three wires, one which connects via a small female spade connector and two wires which push on to the posts towards the left of the battery compartment, all at the rear. Looking at exploded parts diagrams, it seems as though the connections to the posts should be by means of a 2-pin female connector. If anyone has such a heater, early 1999 vintage, I would be very grateful for guidance on how the wires should be connected as I can't see any difference in the cable colours.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

J

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I have a 1999 system but need a photo or two to compare yours with mine?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Hopefully these may help.
igniter1.jpgigniter2.jpg

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Jev88 , SteveJ Thank you both for replying so quickly.

SteveJ, you will see from my photos that your igniter appears to be very much like mine. However, where your two wires to the right end terminate in a plug, that is missing in my second photo. Can you please confirm that the brown wire is to bottom of the igniter and the other wire is black? As far as I know, I don't have a problem with the spade connection.

Again, my thanks

John
DSCF1567.JPGDSCF1568.JPG

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
I put our old manual on my website (see my signature). You can download it here

There is a installation manual here

Hope that helps
Cheers

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Pilote87 , yes the Brown wire is towards the edge/bottom, Black is the other lead that is in the plug on mine, greyish is in the middle of the back.

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Thanks again, SteveJ . I feel tempted to try the igniter by just pushing the female inserts on to the relevant pins, but there is so much corrosion on the two pins and on the connections to the batteries that it may prove fruitless.

I've found replacements on line, mainly around the £80 mark, but I now need to try to get the connection lead for between the igniter and the base of the control knob, perhaps the microswitch there. I need to look in more detail

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back