Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Hi My fiat ducato 2017 Hymer 474 cigar lighter stopped working while on holiday I have checked the fuse, Fuse ok. Removed the wiring from the back of the cigar lighter no feed to the lighter I did this with the ignition on. The colour of the wire is Grey with a red tracer this should be live when ignition is on !!
Clipper
Dennis

Deleted User
Another thread here, may be helpful

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Now may be the time to give up smoking

• Funny
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Had the same problem on my 2017 X290 when using the Ducato tyre inflator. The fuse is under the bonnet and yes it is a pain to get the cover off - yes there are three yellow plastic retaining screws that are well hidden - 2 vertical to the rhs of the vehicle and then persuade all the other pipes and cables to let the lid come forward and off.
Check if the F15 fuse has blown, if the Cigarette lighter still does not work then check if the F16 fuse has blown as in my case this was the fuse cigarette lighter hooked up to. Something about LHD vs RHD!!!
Hope this helps speed things up !
http://www.autogenius.info/fiat-ducato-base-camper-from-2014-fuse-box-diagram/

OP
OP
Clipper

Clipper

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I checked my fuse and its ok. I removed the headlight to access the fuse board is very easy to do, 2 retaining torque screws then slide the light unit in towards the engine and then bring it forward out of the 2 slots. gives you very easy access to the fuse cover and fuses.
Clipper
Dennis

• Informative

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Have the same, new, problem on our ford Tranny MK8.

stopped working after trying to test out the supplied tyre inflator that came with the tyre repair gunk. Might be a coincidence.
Anyway found the fuse, but was a square shape, no ridge or anywhere obvious to grip and located behind the steering column behind the lower dashboard.
I Run the sat nav and reversing camera off , the 2 cig lighter type sockets that no longer work.

So bit the bullet and booked into Ford Garage.

Will report back in a couple of weeks .

OP
OP
Clipper

Clipper

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Thanks to all those that gave sensible answers. I have now wired the 12v socket direct to engine battery via a 15amp fuse now.

Oct 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
New MH but campervan owner for a couple of years
Also had the cigarette lighter socket fuse blown on my ducato. Mny thx for posting how to remove the headlight to get decent access. The blown one felt like it was welded in and needed a serious talking to before it finally conceded - def wouldnt have been possible with headlight in situ. An interesting design feature!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back