CI motorhome - habitation electrics gone down (1 Viewer)

Al68

Free Member
Sep 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca 644
Exp
Since 1980
My 2005 CI Carioca has lost all electrical supply on the domestic side - no 12 volt fridge, no lights, no water pump etc. I have checked fuses on the control unit circuit board and all ok. I have unplugged supply plugs to the board and found 12.7 volts coming from both leisure/house battery and engine battery. I have checked for loose connections or poor contact but nothing obvious was found.
I have been told by a CI dealer that it is not uncommon for the main circuit board to fail and so suspect this is the problem. A replacement costing £300 takes 6 weeks to come from Italy!
Anyone have any other ideas; know where to get a circuit board tested and repaired; buy new or second hand; replace with alternative; etc?

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
not familiar with your van/electrics but on mine domestic electrics cut out when ignition turned on could be the relay that controls that operation?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
BUMP :ROFLMAO:
personally I would get a auto sparky to check it out :thumb:Then look at alternatives :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
I have CI cipro and when I hade big Voltage drop after lots of looking found a weak fuse good luck

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you don't say how long you have owned the van, if not long then its possible its just a switch problem. !2v fridge should only work when the engine is running and will only maintain the temp not cool it down.
Again possibly a switch problem, failing that a fuse near the battery.
Last resort is circuit board, does power reach it?

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There is a big Red switch by the passenger seat / door, is that fully on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
electrics failed

Take a look at the MCEA web site and get a local engineer out to help you. It could be a faulty PCB but it could be many other things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back