CI Mizar leisure battery issue!! (1 Viewer)

B16_a1

Free Member
May 5, 2017
York
Funster No
MH
Ci Mizar
Exp
Jus bought a 2006 Mizar. All was going well (apart from a few crappy cupboard doors, lock not working and the usual!)... then I wash it, turn the fridge in (while not on mains electricity) and the control panel has gone off unless the engine is on.... it worked fine before. Please give me a quick fix / you've missed the obvious advice???

Off on our first visit to a site tomorrow so will be hooked up, hopefully it'll all work then...

Cheers,

Alan (and the family)

X

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I would think your likely problem will be the leisure battery as you have already deduced. If you don't have a multimeter I suggest you buy one, they're not expensive, and check out the battery. If its not been recently charged and nothing is switched on it should give a voltage reading of 12.2v to 12.4v. If its less it needs charging and if below 12.0v it needs replacing.

OP
OP
B16_a1

B16_a1

Free Member
May 5, 2017
York
Funster No
MH
Ci Mizar
Exp
Cheers for that. It's a brand new battery (apparently). Had the van since Tuesday and electrics all worked fine till tonight. Hadn't used anything other than lights and water pump though... hoping a run out and bring hooked up for a bit will sort...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Check the battery voltage at the battery, if that checks out ok then it's likely to be a fuse.
The water pump draws a fair amount of current when it operates so that may have popped a fuse.

OP
OP
B16_a1

B16_a1

Free Member
May 5, 2017
York
Funster No
MH
Ci Mizar
Exp
Thank you for that... novice at this stuff so not got any spare fuses! All works when engine is on though! Confused and stressed

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Motorhome electrics vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model but the basics tend to be the same in that you have a cab battery which is the one that the base vehicle would normally have i.e. that is used to start the vehicle, headlights, horn etc.
The habitation or hab battery also known as the leisure battery normally operates the living section of the motorhome and it is likely that your problem lay in this area.
There is a crossover with these two circuits in that when the engine is running it is normally designed to charge the hab battery and power the control panel which in turn allows your to operate electrics in the living area.

Is your control panel switch on, is there a switch to operate either the cab or hab circuits.

If all the living area electrics operate i.e. the water pump, lighting, fridge etc and do not when the engine is not running then it's likely that the control panel is not receiving power to distribute to the living area circuits.
If the hab battery has normal operating voltage and the control panel is dead then logically the problem lay between the battery and the control panel and normally between these two will be a set of fuses or fuse breakers. As all appears to be dead then it likely to be a main fuse in the cable that takes the power supply to the control panel.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Had an almost similar problem when we first got our CI, more by luck than judgement I found the cause. If your leisure battery is under the Passengers seat, in front of the battery, but still under the seat, there is a 30amp fuse holder, a bit difficult to spot if it is closed.
Anyway this was blown, when renewed the problem was sorted.

Another thing, have you checked the fuses for the hab, behind the seat?

OP
OP
B16_a1

B16_a1

Free Member
May 5, 2017
York
Funster No
MH
Ci Mizar
Exp
Changed all the hab (new to this jargon!) fuses this morning, made no difference. Am hooked up now and everything working. Don't intend on using sites much though. Will have a look at the 30amp fuse now and let you know... thanks

OP
OP
B16_a1

B16_a1

Free Member
May 5, 2017
York
Funster No
MH
Ci Mizar
Exp
Aaarrrrrrggghhhh!!!... it was a little red Knob to the side of the driver's seat... our van has two leisure batteries, one under driver's seat... this switch seems to disconnect them from the hab!!!!! Must have played with it and switched it off.... all working now!!

Attachments

• IMG_1934.JPG
    IMG_1934.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 12

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back