CI Cipro Garage - anyone got one? (1 Viewer)

blondel

Free Member
Jun 26, 2008
north east
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20 or so
ci cipro garage

We have a CI Cipro twin 75 which I think is the same lay out as the garage except all on the flat as there is no garage. We like the layout very much but have had problems with conversion and waited literally years for some replacement parts. How are you doing with yours?
Pat (Blondel):RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
CI Cipro

Current issues are:
  • heating outlets very weak in the main seating area
  • door is drafty
  • not sure the battery is charging when connected to mains. Where is the charger?
The layout however is fine and the Merc chassis is very good.

Any thoughts on these?

blondel

Free Member
Jun 26, 2008
north east
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20 or so
CI Cipro

In reverse order

Never found the charger but it seems to work! when on hook up a 240 volts sign appears bottom right in panel showing temp readouts etc.

drafty door ours was but changing position and tightening of door latch improved it.

heating - we found the bedroom area got too hot so 2 of the 3 vents were changed to the sort you could close which has improved front area slightly but there aren't enough up there in the first place to make much difference. If realy cold we use a small electric heater in the front area.

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
I assume the charger is part of the unit the exterior cable plugs into - i.e on the inside of the van - it has a reset button on it.

Our 2003 van has an integral fly screen which covers a door compartment you can only get to when you open the doors and actually go outside - not very clever.

There's also a round fronted coupboard under the sink that pulls out - we found out the hard way that the catch is pathetically inadequate!

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Cipro 55, 01 /02

Had same heating problems had pipe run directly under floor (runs all round houses as designed} big improvement using 2 off front vents closing rear ones still get air even when closed.:Smile:
Charger under bench seat behind driver.
Been waiting for spares for 11 months ??? :Sad::cry:

S

Shelly1

Deleted User
Ci Cipro 55 fixed Bed

Hi Cipro users

I am a first time buyer of a 2007 CI Cipro with a fixed bed with Merc chassis and only had it out for a run once so far.
I have not used the shower yet but my heating is fab - webmaster that runs off the diesel. It really heats quickly.
Th eucpboard lick under the sink is very weak so i have used two elastic bands around the handle and fixed them to the oven which works well.

Have not used much of hte facilities yet but if anyone has any advice for new comer of htis model it would be very much appreciated

Shelly:)

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
battery charger

hi
i have a rollerteam 600g, wich says in the log book ci.
the battery charger in mine is behind and under the front passenger seat.
when i'm on sitting on the dinette i can see the lights on the charger under the seat.:thumb:

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Thanks my (CI Cipro garage on a Merc) is under the passenger's seat. There are no lights on it that I can see and there is no voltage increase when I plug into mains. Is there a fuse in te CI for the charger? I can't see one mentioned in the book.

shenny

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
bingley west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2007
CI Cipro Garage

Hi, we have a 2005 model on a merc chasis and love it although we do find that the door is drafty despite having had it resealed.

We recently noticed damp in the rhs cupboard above the fiixed bed so had it in to be checked out and discovered that the seal on the rear panal had only been sealed exernally and not internally ... very expensive repair which should have been done at time of manufacture... however hoping now to have a good few years damp free :Smile:

Our heating is webasto and is brilliant....

We are looking at getting a drive away awning to fix on our Fiamma thingy.... and wondered if anyone else has got any recommendations?

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
CI Cipro 55

Hi all, having cut our MH teeth, we have decided that a low-profile van with fixed bed would suit us better, so, if the deal goes ahead, our lovely Hymer 524 Swing will be moved on to make room for a CI Cipro 55 on a Merc chassis with the auto box.

Anyone with any experience of these? It has a Webasto diesel heater so any hints and tips would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
On another forum a fella placed one of those Computer Cooling fans in his heating system which carried the warm air further into his M/h, only problem I can see with that is it will only work when on hook up.
But , there are plenty on here that have the knowledge to overcome that I know:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back