CI Carioca 656 User manual and control panel help (1 Viewer)

Jumpstartrichard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help me please, 2 weeks ago I bought a 2005 CI Motorhome for my long awaited introduction into modern day motorhoming . From looking at other CI models online I have determined the model to be a Carioca 656 (model decals had been removed). Unfortunately the seller I bought it off had no paperwork or manuals other than the log book. He said that he never received them when he bought it. Anyhow, what I am looking for is any information on this model that may be available, such as the actual motorhome user guide (or information where I may be able to get it, I will be emailing CI with the VIN number etc), the internal components such as the control panel (photograph attached), the Truma Ultra Heat 230v heater, the Truma Water heater etc. Any advice what so ever on this model that anyone could offer either owning or having owned one would be so much appreciated. What to look out for etc.

Due to work requirements the first we are getting away in it for a “test” weekend is next weekend and we are so looking forward to it. We want to get any niggly bits ironed out as we are off to France the second week of September.

It is on a Fiat Chassis 2.3jtd with 59,000 miles (high I know but hopefully if I look after it, it will go on for a few more), and as you might have guessed, no service history but I took my dad, a mechanic with me for his yeah or nae nod before purchasing. Anything I should know about this particular model?

I have managed to source a pdf version of the user manual for the 2.3tjd Ducato if anyone requires it.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Attachments

• IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 520
OP
OP
Jumpstartrichard

Jumpstartrichard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thanks Glynn, I have just sent them an email with regNo, VIN nno etc so will see what they come back with.

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I used to own this model. What specifically would you like to know?
will respond later though, as off to bed:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jumpstartrichard

Jumpstartrichard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Glynn
I got an very rapid response from Auto-trail, Colin Treacher who emailed me a copy of the CI UK User manual, great service. Thanks.
Haganap,
Apologies on the delay, unfortunately when I was taking the cushions out to steam clean, I have noticed a leak at the back from the roof so less time spent online this week! (I’ll probably have a separate post on this matter!)
What I would like help with and which the user manual doesn’t mention is the operation of the control unit and charging etc.
How does the unit operate, does the aux battery automatically charge when I am driving the MH? When driving, if any lights are on in the back of the MH or the fridge, will this run from the van battery or the aux battery? When I stop does everything switch to the aux battery? When attached to 230v, does the aux battery charge? Sorry for silly questions, but the only unit I have experience with is the ZIg unit that we put into our home build race home years ago.
I had 3 lights on yesterday and after a few minutes everything went off, all fuses were intact and when I tested the battery it read 10.3 v so she well dead. Will have to see if someone has a charger tomorrow or I may have to go and get a new one this week as our maiden voyage is this weekend.
Right, away to steam clean the last few items in my hallway, living in a 3rd floor flat and having a motorhome that doesn’t fit in the car park is not a good combination.
Thanks for your help
Richard

Upvote 0

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have one of these and have had for 5 years.

How does the unit operate, does the aux battery automatically charge when I am driving the MH? Yes, under the drivers seat is the charger for when on hook up. The Aux battery charges via a split relay when you drive. The Aux battery is under the passenger seat

When driving, if any lights are on in the back of the MH or the fridge, will this run from the van battery or the aux battery? They operate via the Aux battery, but as your driving, the battery wil be charges

When I stop does everything switch to the aux battery? The Fridge will only work on 12v when the engine is running, all other 12v equipment runs from the Aux battery

When attached to 230v, does the aux battery charge? Yes, you can check this by pressing the battery button on the control panel. The light on it - the top left set - wil light sequentially.

Sorry for silly questions. No such thing as a silly question.

With regard to the leak at the rear, we had that last year and it turned out to be the top brake light mastic failing. I cleaned it out and resealed it job done. However, I had damp above the top bunk and needed to replace the panel. Not a big job and not as bad as it sounds. I got some 3mm marine ply from B&Q and covered it in a wallpaper as near to the original finish as I could. Job done

With regard to the panel the buttons are as follows

Top Left - Battery
Top Right - Water Levels
Right Middle - 12v power to habitation
Bottom Right - Waterpump Power
Bottom Left - Outside Light

The water heater works on Gas only. The On/Off for it is a panel on the rear facing seat face. There are 2 temp positions, with off being the middle position.

Any more question, just ask.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jumpstartrichard

Jumpstartrichard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for that Dave

I'll get the battery charged up and test it all this weekend.

Same as yours, its the light, have drilled a few holes in the wall (will be hiden by wooden plynth) and used the damp meter. It is reading 4 (highest) down to one towards the bottom of the upper panel you will have replaced. In the mean time I will replace the mastic round the light and put back together, but after our wee france trip in September and when I can get it out to my friends for storage / where I will be able to work on it, I will do the same as you and replace the upper board.

In the meantime, know of any wood / damp treatment in canister sprayable form that can be used to spray down into the back of the panel?

Like I say, thanks, I will no doubt be in touch again with more questions....

Richard

Upvote 0

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
In the meantime, know of any wood / damp treatment in canister sprayable form that can be used to spray down into the back of the panel?

Sadly, no spay will cure or stop the damp. The only thing you can do is replace the panel. No a big job just a pain in the Ar*e

Upvote 0

Joesfirsttime

Free Member
Jul 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Carioca 656 2
Glynn
I got an very rapid response from Auto-trail, Colin Treacher who emailed me a copy of the CI UK User manual, great service. Thanks.
Haganap,
Apologies on the delay, unfortunately when I was taking the cushions out to steam clean, I have noticed a leak at the back from the roof so less time spent online this week! (I’ll probably have a separate post on this matter!)
What I would like help with and which the user manual doesn’t mention is the operation of the control unit and charging etc.
How does the unit operate, does the aux battery automatically charge when I am driving the MH? When driving, if any lights are on in the back of the MH or the fridge, will this run from the van battery or the aux battery? When I stop does everything switch to the aux battery? When attached to 230v, does the aux battery charge? Sorry for silly questions, but the only unit I have experience with is the ZIg unit that we put into our home build race home years ago.
I had 3 lights on yesterday and after a few minutes everything went off, all fuses were intact and when I tested the battery it read 10.3 v so she well dead. Will have to see if someone has a charger tomorrow or I may have to go and get a new one this week as our maiden voyage is this weekend.
Right, away to steam clean the last few items in my hallway, living in a 3rd floor flat and having a motorhome that doesn’t fit in the car park is not a good combination.
Thanks for your help
Richard

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back