Biker001

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
Hi ive just bought my motorhome 1 week ago the water pump keeps running all the time and there is not a lot of pressure from the taps , the heater is gas and there is hot water also i dont have any water getting to the toilet to flush it . It is my first van so not really clued up on these things yet can anybody help before taking it to the shop to get looked at Thanks

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Biker and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Can't help with your problems but one of the experts will be along soon! (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I suggest it may be water related, the pump will run till it has built water pressure up behind the closed taps and said pressure will trip a pressure switch that will in turn switch the pump off.

So go the other way with water in the pipe up to pressure, pump off. Open a tap and the pressure drops as the water comes out of the open tap, the pressure switch notices the drop and puts power to the pump which then delivers more water.

Have you got water in the tank?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Biker001

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
Ive had the pump running for about 15 mins but it wont cut off at all its a 10ltr water boiler ive got it works ok but the pump just wont cut out , ive been working on a friends van for over a year with issues like this and sorted his but cant get anywhere with mine

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Could be pressure switch u/s. A cheap and easy fix.

The power to the pump goes through the pressure switch and it should break the connection when pressure is reached. Even though the pressure is up it may not be breaking the contact leaving the pump running.

OP
OP
B

Biker001

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
Yeah water tank was full when i started trying it and still 3/4 full now pump in a very awkward place to get to so not easy to view it

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You might have a separate water tank for the toilet flush. Have a look outside to see if there any filler points near the bathroom.
Pump pressure switches usually have an adjuster. You should be able to get to it, adjustment is very critical and small movements make a big difference.
Allan

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I wonder if you have a water leak somewhere?

Is there any water draining out below the van?

I suspect it may be on the line to the loo.

OP
OP
B

Biker001

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
Morning guys there is no seperate filler to the loo ive looked all over for one , there is also no water draining out anywhere i can see either inside or outside the van

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Might be worth looking at the top of the pump to see if the clear plastic bowl is cracked and letting in air.

David

OP
OP
B

Biker001

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
I will give it a look Cheers

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Has the Van been sitting for a while before you bought it, could be corrosion in the pressure switch.
Try opening one tap at a time start with the nearest to the pump, could be an air lock somewhere

Oh and welcome biker001

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the lack of pressure indicates the pump has failed. if its not strong enough to build pressure, it wont trigger the pressure switch. you can buy a service kit with new diaphragm or a new pump. being awkward to get at is quite common and means that maintenance is often skipped

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Would still try the top of the pump first sounds just like the problem with our previous van after the winter. The pump top had cracked (not easy to see and didn't spot it at first ) Then noticed if I touched the pump top it worked!! it was taking in air and so the pump wasn't able to provide much pressure. Top (if needed ) can be bought separately and just screws on. Hope thats what it is!!

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back