Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all, considering buying a Fiat CI Autoroller 2.8 td x reg (2000) unfortunately it has a cracked shower tray, does any one know if it is possible to replace these, are they still available, its discoloured and quite badley cracked so I don't think a repair would be possible, appreciate any help or advice
Thanks
Mick

Big Ed

Free Member
May 4, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello OOMickOO and welcome:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
If you contact John Cross Motorhomes (they are trade members) I am sure they will be able to advise you.

betray

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
Lakes
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Years and years
Hi Mick we have a badly stress cracked shower tray and have made arrangements with Branfibre of Banbury to have it re-fibreglassed etc. The cost is within reason and they can do the work in a day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi all, considering buying a Fiat CI Autoroller 2.8 td x reg (2000) unfortunately it has a cracked shower tray, does any one know if it is possible to replace these, are they still available, its discoloured and quite badley cracked so I don't think a repair would be possible, appreciate any help or advice
Thanks
Mick

Mick give these a try I used to use them when I lived in England......put in Quick search Showr tray

Link Removed

Mel:thumb:

mickt

Free Member
Dec 15, 2007
SUFFOLK
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE
Exp
10 years
Hi Mick we have a badly stress cracked shower tray and have made arrangements with Branfibre of Banbury to have it re-fibreglassed etc. The cost is within reason and they can do the work in a day.

I have the same problem with my shower tray and have discovered Branfibre via the net. Have you had your tray repaired yet if so what was the job like please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
shower tray

We had a problem with our shower tray, it had two drain points in the moulding one in each corner, depending on which was used they would cut out the moulding and fit the drain.

Obviously were they are shaped is a weak point and the indent cracked all around, fitting a new one was quite an expensive job plus buying the tray so i just used a fibre body filler to fill the hole and bring it up to level.
After sanding it off you don`t even notice it, cost £12 for the fibre filler and a bit of elbow grease.:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you are going to do a fix yourselve, make sure that there is sufficient stregthening under the tray to support it and avoid it cracking again. If you can't remove it, but can get under a part of it, you could use some of the expanding foam stuff to do the job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back