Chunnel - Oui -wee (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Our latest venture into motorhoming came about because of my wife's disability. Without going into (depressing) details I decided that rather than just sitting at home we would continue to do and see as much as we could and the MH has done that and brought a lot of fun.
The latest of two trips to France this year brought a few more laughs. We decided to cross to France via the tunnel as a new experience and as my wife needs a wheelchair it seemed a good idea.
We arrived at Tunnel check-in eary, drove to the designated lane to await boarding the 'next' train. Everyone had loaded for the earlier train and we decided that as we had another half hour before our boarding my wife would have time to go to the toilet in the van. I did speculate that we might still get on the 'early' train
For reasons I won't go into going to the toilet does take her quite a time and she does need me to help her to and from the toilet. As she sat down I did say that if the light at the end of the lane changed to green I would have to move.
As I got back to my seat the light turned green!
With my wife in the toilet I drove very carefully all the way to and onto the train. It was only when we were in the carriage that I could go and help her - she couldn't stop laughing.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Similar thing happened to us ... I think it was on one of our ferry crossings though, I went to the loo as there was plenty of time before boarding and for some reason they waved us on early and of course hubby did as he was told ... every time I hear the song "slip sliding away" I get the giggles!!:ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Believing they had another 3 quarters of an hour to wait for their train and being tired, daughter and their 2 kids jumped out of car and went and lay down in the caravan leaving son in law in the car. 2 minutes later they were on their way ...... they got out of the van just as the bloke was about to chock their wheels, they had to explain they weren't illegals, honest, they had tickets and passports and everything!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Last year when we went to Ieper with grandson we were on the dockside and it was going to be 15 or so minutes before loading and I needed the loo - we were towing Stumpy our little caravan and so I dived into that - while having a pee I heard a bit of commotion outside and it was the wife trying to explain to a search team that they would have to wait until I had finished in the loo before they could search the van for illegals - had to show them my passport again before they were happy :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back